The Center for Family Life is a nationally recognized social and human services program located in Sunset Park, Brooklyn. We seek a dynamic individual to join our child welfare Preventive services team to work in a leadership role with a stellar organization, to broaden awareness about our work and mission, and to engage both supervisees and the larger community in our family strengthening work. Resumes can be sent to email@example.com
A successful candidate will demonstrate:
Commitment to the mission and programs of Center for Family Life
Ability to support caseworkers to establish strong partnerships with children and families who have been referred for services
Possess a strong belief in people’s ability to grow and change
Ability to supervise child welfare caseworkers on clinical practice issues as well as to track documentation on PROMIS and CNNX systems.
Provide crisis-intervention when necessary
Complete all supervisory paperwork and reports in a timely manner.
Sets individual performance objectives with caseworkers, and communicates his/her objectives with direct reports to clarify his/her focus for the year
Diligent; Strong time management skills
Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, both oral and written
Ability to function within a supervisory team and participate in shared decision making
Experience with group work methodologies and ability to supervise caseworkers on group work assignments in community settings
Ability to collaborate and plan programmatically with community based partner programs within Center for Family Life
Creativity and an interest in cross-cultural perspectives on social work practice.
Co-lead weekly team staff meetings
Attend weekly supervisory team staff meeting
Attend leadership roundtable meeting with CFL program leadership
Ability to support casework staff as they outreach to families and document presenting issues.
Ability to support casework staff to formulate strategies for problem solving and document these in family service documents.
Ability to support casework staff to convene participants for service meetings
Ability to support casework staff to liaise with external providers of service to CFL clients.
Participate in office and home visits with the children, biological parents, and foster parents as required to adequately support casework staff.
Appear in court on behalf of families if necessary to support casework staff.
Attend all necessary meetings, functions, workshops, and trainings as required by the agency
Strong sensitivity to cultural and socioeconomic characteristics present among staff and clients within agency
Ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends when necessary to support casework staff.
- Development, execution, and monitoring of performance metrics to ascertain the effectiveness of the department against the requirements of the organization and its regulatory bodies
- Execution of performance objectives, as approved in the annual performance management cycle
- Reduction of voluntary staff turnover and staff absenteeism
- Formal and information feedback from senior management regarding performance and contribution to the goals and long-term strategies of assigned program areas
- Consistent management of program areas in compliance with SCO policies and procedures
- Be team players.
- Have a strong sensitivity to cultural and socioeconomic characteristics present among staff and clients within our organization.
- Possess a strong belief in people’s ability to grow and change; forge a mutually respectful partnership with persons served and their families.
- Ability to support caseworkers to set limits and maintain helping role of practitioner and to intervene appropriately.
- Responds quickly to policy and procedure violations using the organizations progressive disciplinary procedures
- Responds seriously and confidently to reports of suspicious and inappropriate behaviors
- Follows mandated reporting requirements
- Communicates to all employees the organization’s commitment to protect their clients from abuse
- Reports essential abuse risk management information to the board of directors
Graduate Degree and/or Professional Certification or License: MSW or MFT preferred.
Minimum Education Required