Serves as the primary contact for the Accounts Receivable department regarding invoice creation, grant receipts, pledge management, and approvals and signatures. Ensures financial revenue transactions are processed accurately, efficiently and within established deadlines.
- Responsible for the daily interface and posting of all incoming data from the Fundraising Operations Donor Database into Oracle Financials, ensuring the accuracy and integrity of all data, including maintaining deposit log sheets, reconciling the two systems on a daily basis and at month end.
- Collects of deposit information, including outside vendors, daily in-house deposit, credit card transactions, wires and ACH transfers.
- Ensures the accurate reconciliation of the general ledger against the daily deposits and certifies that monthly revenue general ledger detail reconciles to the bank deposits for the monthly close. Prepares monthly journal entries as needed.
- Ensures revenue processing and procedures are adhered to and identifies opportunities for improving internal controls. Recommends and implements changes to facilitate smooth and accurate workflow and communication.
- Creates and monitors invoices and payments, processes the monthly USAID drawdown and ensures that accounting principles generally accepted in the United States are adhered to. Maintains the accounts receivables departmental audit files.
- Works with staff to ensure audit files are maintained for financial transactions.
- Distributes the weekly petty cash and assists with the yearly external audit schedules.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor's in Accounting or a Business related curriculum is required.
- Must be well-versed in Oracle Financials and Team Approach or similar database system, requires demonstrated proficiency in computerized record keeping or gift accounting and at least 2 years of accounting experience in AR.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills with emphasis on ability to set and manage a multitude of priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of staff and vendors.
- Hands-on experience in recognizing and recording donor revenue.
Minimum Education Required