Idealist supports organizations and individuals who want to make a difference, bringing them together in the shared space of Idealist.org. Here, organizations can post their jobs, internships, and volunteer opportunities. In turn, individuals can search for these opportunities and find ways to take action. This ecosystem brings together thousands of organizations and millions of people each year.
About the Position
Reporting to the Business Systems Manager, the Business Systems Coordinator will support the configuration, maintenance, and adoption of business tools across the organization - with an emphasis on Salesforce & Pardot. While this is primarily a technical role, a willingness to develop relationships with staff stakeholders and support their usage of our tools is essential.
This role is a great fit if you are:
- An analytical thinker, who hones in on the small details surrounding the big picture
- Eager to develop your tech/database skills
- Someone who doesn’t mind getting lost in a spreadsheet & thrives on independent work
- Perform basic Salesforce maintenance: merge duplicate records, perform mass updates, monitor error dashboards & perform data entry as needed.
- Configure/clean up objects & fields.
- Build reports & dashboards to fill staff data/list requests
- Support Pardot administration, including but not limited to: merging duplicates, importing lists and mass-updating prospects
- Onboard and train existing staff as needed; familiarize users with Idealist’s objects & data model, troubleshoot issues and field users’ questions during and outside of weekly ‘office hours’ sessions, and develop/share best practices for finding, entering & updating records all while maintaining the integrity of our data
- Create & maintain end-user documentation
- Collect and organize end-user requirements from staff
- Serve as a liaison for projects, keeping all parties informed on the status of requests
- Suggest & implement internal processes to improve the efficacy of the Business Systems Department
- Manipulate spreadsheets, create documentation, reports & other tasks to support on current & future systems projects (such as Google Analytics, Tableau, and our SQL database)
- 1-2 years of work and/or internship experience.
- Familiarity with Salesforce or other CRM/donor databases. Some administration knowledge preferred (building reports, configuring fields, etc…) but will also consider a power user who is eager to learn.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and manage laterally & upwards.
- Strong knowledge of Excel/Google Sheets (formulas, filters, sorting, etc…) highly preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
This is a full-time position (Monday through Friday) in our office located in New York City.