The Bhutan Foundation seeks a Development Associate whose responsibilities include supporting donor identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship to raise funds for projects in the Himalayan nation of Bhutan. This position reports to the Director of Partnerships and Philanthropy.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Ensure all donors are properly receipted for their contributions including donations made in honor or memory of others, as well as in-kind donations.
· Make sure all donations are deposited into the Bhutan Foundation bank accounts in an appropriate and timely manner (within 5 business days of receipt).
· Record all donations in a deposit report to be shared weekly with senior management, and monthly with the accountant.
· Make sure all donations, deposit records, and donor correspondence are scanned, filed in the digital donor folders (Dropbox), and entered into the donor database (DonorPerfect).
Donor data management and fundraising:
· Generate donor mailing list for year-end mailing, spring mailing, annual report mailings, and events for the Foundation.
· Donor research of prospective individuals, foundations, and governments.
· Document meetings, calls and visits with donors, prospects, and institutional partners.
· Draft donor communications including acknowledgments, thank you letters, and other correspondence.
· Supporting role in live and online events presented for donors, prospective donors, partners, and friends of the Foundation.
· Working with communications officer and develop content for all donor-related mailings such as the annual report, spring update, e-newsletters, and social media posts.
· Develop proposals, reports, and information for donors.
· Follow up on donor communications in collaboration with the Executive Director and the Director of Partnerships and Philanthropy.
· Help organizes and plan donor visits in the US and donor trips to Bhutan.
· Assist with all fundraising activities.
· Responsible for checking and responding to all general Bhutan Foundation emails.
· Pick up incoming and outgoing Bhutan Foundation mail and ensure all incoming mail is distributed to the appropriate recipients.
· Procurement of office supplies and monitor office inventory.
· Plan and book travel and accommodations for staff and guests, including meetings.
· Education: Bachelor’s degree
· Work Experience: Minimum three years experience working in nonprofit fundraising or in another role with demonstrably transferrable skills and experiences.
· Required Skills: Must have excellent written and oral communication skills with fluency in English. Working knowledge of computer software such as MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint required. Knowledge of and experience using donor management CRM software such as DonorPerfect, Raiser’s Edge, or similar packages is desirable.
· Personal Qualities: The Development Associate must operate with independence, under pressure to meet deadlines and commitments. S/he should also have the flexibility and willingness to take on a variety of tasks – at times on short notice – that is necessary as part of a small and nimble team.
Apply to: email@example.com
The Bhutan Foundation seeks a Development Associate whose responsibilities include supporting donor identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship to raise funds for projects in the Himalayan nation of Bhutan. This…