5 Penn Plaza
Amnesty International USA (AIUSA) has a large, mature direct response program that generates the majority of the revenue for the organization, primarily through one-time direct mail gifts. Within that program, monthly giving generates $10 million annually, primarily through direct mail, online and telemarketing acquisition and conversion, and door-to-door and street canvassing.
Reporting to the Monthly Giving Acquisition Manager, the Direct Response Associate - Monthly Giving will provide a wide range of support including acquisition, retention and maintenance of the monthly giving program across all integrated channels, as well as providing administrative support.
- Work closely with Monthly Giving Acquisition Manager on executing the growth strategies for the program across all channels including but not limited to, canvassing, direct mail, door fundraising and telemarketing.
- Manage vetting process for all monthly giving communication, ensuring all campaigns are approved and rolled out on time, as well as promptly submitting invoices for the Monthly Giving Department.
- Work with Monthly Giving Acquisition Manager to ensure data integrity of monthly giving file.
- With guidance from the Monthly Giving Acquisition Manager, monitor and take action to improve retention of monthly donors.
- Fulfillment of monthly donor’s communications for stewardship and retention.
- Responsible for maintaining ROI database making changes to monthly donor records: add and remove monthly donors; change sustainer frequency, dollar amount, payment method, credit card information, merge monthly records, and other fundraising data.
- Develop streamlined processes to more effectively service the donor file; leverage new technologies where applicable
- Provide administrative support to Monthly Giving Acquisition Manager, as well as developing reports and monitoring campaign results for the Monthly Giving Department.
- Assist with importing and integrating monthly giving data from various sources i.e. email, website, external suppliers to maintain accurate and up to date donor records and procedures.
- Work collaboratively with other members of the direct marketing team to ensure all activities are coordinated and donor-focused
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- BA/BS required
- 2+ years Nonprofit fundraising experience in canvassing, telemarketing or direct mail
- Experience of direct response fundraising campaigns is essential
- Knowledge of and experience with nonprofit customer service metrics and best practices
- Experience with canvassing programs preferred
- Experience working with external vendors
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent computer skills using Microsoft Office, highly skilled in use of Excel and Word
- Experience with Fundraising Databases, especially ROI
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail for entering data
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Diplomatic skills to obtain trust, cooperation, and understanding in order to resolve routine problems
Amnesty International USA is an equal opportunity employer strongly committed to diversity & inclusion within the work place. Women, People of Color, LGBTQIA individuals and other historically disenfranchised populations are encourages to apply.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply by clicking on this link and following the instructions.