The Permanent Supportive Housing (PSH) Lead Case Manager (LCM) is a member of the PSH leadership team for Housing Up. This position supports the Director of PSH and the Case Manager Supervisor, in problem solving, resource management, and reviewing/auditing case files for continuous quality assurance. The LCM works closely with the Supervisor to provide training and oversight to PSH teams. The LCM promotes a cooperative team environment and fosters a focus on excellence, so that high-quality case management is being provided to program participants. This position also maintains a full caseload of families. This would include developing and implementing client-defined goals; assessing the needs of families and children; and utilizing resources to meet identified needs, so that program participants obtain and maintain permanent housing.
In this role, the LCM is focused on two main objectives – to serve as a team leader and to provide case management to program participants.
Serve as a Team Leader
• Assist the supervisor with regular review case notes, and other pertinent information for quality assurance.
• Assist the supervisor with training and on-boarding for new and existing employees, which includes accompanying team members on
field visits and the proper use of HMIS, HTH and CATCH.
• Assist monthly pillar and timeliness reporting
• Assist supervisor during a team member’s vacation
• Assist with monthly client calls
• Complete maintenance reports (DHS)
• Collaborate with the Case Manager Supervisor and Clinical Manager concerning critical program information, community resources,
training needs, and other information related to program management.
• Accompany case managers on home visits to provide additional support
• In supervisor absence communicate any team/client concerns to the Clinical Manager.
• Serve as a mentor to fellow staff members, maintain availability for consultation on client cases as needed, and report pertinent
information to the Case Manager Supervisor.
• Maintain high standards for personal caseload, which will serve as an example to fellow case managers.
• Attend Vet Now meetings to gather and share information with the provider community which will serve to enhance Veteran PSH
services at Housing Up (TCP/HUD contracts)
• Participate in F-CAHP and CAHP meetings for new client referrals (TCP/HUD contracts))
• Resource development for single adults, older adults, and Veterans which will be shared with PSH team members to enhance
services. (TCP/HUD contracts)
Provide Case Management to Program Participants
• Provides intensive case management in strong coordination with Core Service Agencies, in alignment with the Housing First, voluntary services model
• Develops and updates Goal Plans with program participants using a case management approach, assisting them to set and prioritize short and long-range goals
• Completes monthly home visits to support residents in performing the tasks required to maintain housing stability, including on-time payment of rent and household maintenance
• Conducts regular assessments with a standardized tool used by Housing Up
• Works with the resident to resolve issues around lease and/or program rules with the landlord
• Works collaboratively with the landlord to ensure resident needs are met
• Provides referrals as needed to Housing Up supportive services and works collaboratively as a team to advance the goals of the resident
• Maintains effective working relationships with Veterans Affairs and other agencies to which (and from which) participants may be referred, regularly contributing to the resource directory/database
• Maintains current records in the Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) database and paper case files, documenting
interactions with residents in a standardized format used by Housing Up
• Captures daily and monthly statistics and other required reports as directed
• Participates in Housing Up special events, helping to share information about Housing Up and working, as needed, to ensure event
• Attends staff meetings and other meetings as required by supervisor
• Other duties as required
• Bachelor’s degree in social work or related field
APPLICABLE EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILLS
• Two years of experience in the social/human services field is preferred
• Experience working with veterans, homelessness, mental health, and/or substance abuse that reflects an understanding of the causes
of homelessness is strongly preferred
• Working knowledge of the strengths-based, client-centered approach
• Demonstrated cultural competence
• Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
• Excellent listening and problem-solving
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Knowledge of community resources available to families
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to be flexible, adapt and adjust to rapid change within a fast paced and growth-oriented environment
• High confidence level in working independently
• Possess and maintain a positive, solution-oriented approach
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL EFFORT
• Must be willing to travel to different locations throughout Washington DC and perform home visits in any neighborhood
• Requires ability to sit up to 3-6 hours per day with intermittent occasional walking and standing
• Housing Up office hours are 9am-5pm, but case managers are expected to adjust their schedules to accommodate client case
management needs and perform visits on evenings and weekends as needed
• Must be available to participate in after hours on-call rotation and be on call during inclement weather
• Knowledge of MS Office software (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Valid driver’s license and vehicle is required, as well as proof of auto insurance
• May require some weekend and evening hours
• Requires comfort level in providing programming in a site-based building where HOUSING UP is the landlord and residents hold
SALARY AND BENEFITS
The salary range for this position is $50- $55k
Housing Up offers a competitive benefits package including health insurance, a retirement plan, paid vacation, sick leave, and commuter benefits.
The Permanent Supportive Housing (PSH) Lead Case Manager (LCM) is a member of the PSH leadership team for Housing Up. This position supports the Director of PSH and the Case Manager Supervisor, in problem solving, resource management, and…