SCO Family of Services has provided vital human services throughout New York City and Long Island for more than 100 years. SCO helps vulnerable New Yorkers build a strong foundation for the future. We get young children off to a good start, launch youth into adulthood, stabilize and strengthen families and unlock potential for children and adults with special needs.
SCO Family of Services welcomes you to join our family and help us work together to carry out our mission to build a stronger tomorrow.
• Manage a case load and maintain on-going contacts with those served in accordance with regulatory mandates.
• Prepare cases for presentation and interdisciplinary case reviews and participate actively in the development of comprehensive service plans.
• Evaluates risk of harm, including investigation of accidents, injuries and allegations of child abuse or neglect, and assists families and children who are subjects of such investigation.
• Documents nutritional, physical health, mental health, educational, housing, social & economic changes in the child’s life.
• Uses knowledge and understanding of diverse cultural norms and traditions to enhance the assessment process.
• Completes and maintains accurate and up-to-date case records.
• Facilitates regulatory compliance with city and state standards of practice; submits all necessary reports and documentation in a timely fashion.
• Ensures confidentiality and compliance with audits.
• All other work as assigned by the Director of Social Services for the program.
• Possess a great desire to positively influence the lives of others.
• Strong advocacy, communication and organizational skills are necessary.
• Bachelor’s degree required in social work or a related field; other disciplines considered.
• Related work or field experience is preferred.
• Bi-lingual ability is a plus.
• A Valid NYS Driver’s License is also a plus.
SCO Family of Services is an Equal Opportunity Employment Employer
Minimum Education Required