Outreach & Retention Specialist (Family Dynamics/Fatherhood Program)
- Job posted by SCO FAMILY OF SERVICES
Bedford - Stuyvesant
SCO Family of Services is seeking Outreach & Retention Specialists for our Fatherhood Program, which provides individual, group and family services to non-custodial fathers and their families in Brooklyn. The program mission is to support non-custodial fathers to become more responsible parents through economic stability, healthy relationships, and connection to their children. The ideal candidate has previous experience working with families and providing parenting services for men, strong outreach and collaboration skills, is committed to working in neighborhood based services with low-income families and is capable of working independently and as a member of a team. SCO Family of Services offers quality supervision and professional development.
- Develop and carry out effective recruitment, engagement, and retention strategies.
- Conduct outreach and presentations in communities throughout Brooklyn.
- Plan, coordinate and implement events and activities for participants and their families.
- Coordinate mentor program and alumni volunteers.
- Assist to facilitate fathers’ support groups.
- Conduct office and community based sessions; accompany clients to appointments as needed.
- Assist with visit coaching and hosting.
- Provide crisis intervention and manage emergencies as needed.
· Collaborate across SCO program areas to enhance relationships and effective practice with shared families.
- Complete all required documentation and statistical reports within deadlines.
- Attend weekly supervision, team meetings and all necessary meetings and trainings.
- Strong sensitivity to cultural and socioeconomic characteristics present among staff and clients.
- Familiarity with traditional and diverse perspectives on child discipline and family functioning.
- Committed to being an active contributor to the vision and mission of the program.
- Works to create and support a respectful learning environment.
- Provide overall support for program and perform other duties as assigned.
- HS or equivalent; AA preferred.
- Previous direct service work with men and families.
- Previous experience with outreach, establishing partnerships, event coordination preferred.
· Preference given to candidates from the communities in Brooklyn primarily served.
· Self-initiated, motivated and well-organized.
· Possess a social justice perspective and ability to collaborate with culturally and socioeconomically diverse groups.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Facility with data systems and Microsoft Office tools preferred.
· Flexibility to work evenings and Saturdays.
· Non-conventional applicants encouraged to apply.
SCO Family of Services is an equal employment opportunity employer
Minimum Education Required