Mission: Tenderloin Neighborhood Development Corporation (TNDC) provides affordable housing and services for low-income people in the Tenderloin and throughout San Francisco, to promote equitable access to opportunity and resources.
Established in 1981, TNDC has grown to employ over 450 staff, to develop, own, manage, and provide supportive services in 43 properties that offer deeply affordable housing for nearly 6,000 tenants, and to expand its work in community organizing, food security and afterschool programming. TNDC is viewed as a trusted and well-organized community ally locally and a practice leader nationally. In San Francisco, TNDC envisions diverse communities where people with low incomes can fulfill their potential and meet their basic needs. In the Tenderloin, TNDC stands as a catalyst for advancing community interests and a force for expanding the choices that enhance livability, such as housing, employment, education, food, cultural activities, and open spaces.
TNDC values are: Integrity, Excellence, Inclusion, Collaboration and Equity
Under the general direction of the Social Worker/Site Supervisor the Social Worker is responsible for assisting residents living in TNDC properties with housing stabilization & retention by providing counseling and support services, community outreach, advocacy, information, and referrals to existing off-site providers.
· Deliver culturally inclusive support service programs for tenants.
· Manage a caseload of individuals.
· Assertively and regularly outreach to all assigned tenants, including home visits.
· Identify tenants in need of services and maintain awareness of tenant’s overall health status; including but not limited to specific medical, mental health and substance use needs.
· Complete comprehensive Intakes and Needs Assessments with assigned tenants.
· In partnership with each assigned tenant, establish an Individualized/Family Oriented Service Plans that outline tenant/family driven goals.
· Provide assigned tenants with trauma informed case-management and supportive counseling.
· Provide housing stabilization, retention and eviction prevention services.
· Provide Crisis Intervention and conflict resolution
· Provide tenants with family focused information and referrals to off-site service providers in the community
· Provide referrals and linkages to off-site Out of School Time programs
· Provide supportive counseling, and case management services to ensure the successful transition of clients and their families to community based resources
· Assist tenants to develop positive exit plans when appropriate and provide tenants with up to 30-days of after-care
· Organize and facilitate community-building activities including but not limited to; produce drops, cultural celebrations, Family large and small group social events, holiday celebrations, skill building workshops, and informational workshops.
· Interdepartmental collaboration with Property Management regarding housing retention and eviction prevention
· Provide permitted follow-up information to Property Management staff as needed.
· Serve as liaison/advocate for tenants with Property Management and off-site service providers.
· Attend all weekly meetings with assigned Property Management staff.
· Attend all on-site Property Management facilitated Tenant Meetings.
· Attend monthly off-site community meetings as assigned.
· Attend all other regularly scheduled meetings
· Develop new resources and relationships with outside service providers.
· Comply with all mandated reporting requirements, including Adult Protective Services & Child Protective Services
· Assist families with reunification & family sustainability
· Comply with all HIPAA and PHI policies and procedures
· Maintain accurate and up-to-date document of all tenant services using TNDC’s CIRCE electronic database
· Document and monitor tenant intakes and assessments using the SF City and County Clarity ONE System
· Participate in processing all intakes for targeted LOSP and S+C referrals through San Francisco’s Coordinated Entry System and in partnership with TNDC’s Property Management
· Carry and respond promptly to cell phone during business hours
· Other duties as assigned.
· Knowledge of and sensitivity to issues of homelessness.
· Knowledge of Trauma Informed Care approaches
· Excellent knowledge of substance abuse and mental health issues.
· Excellent crisis intervention skills.
· Demonstrate a willingness and ability to practice principles of cultural humility
· Demonstrated capacity to work with culturally diverse, low-income populations.
· Strong analytical skills.
· Ability to handle a variety of tasks simultaneously.
· Initiative and creativity.
· Computer proficiency: Microsoft Word.
· Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
· Strong leadership skills.
· Attention to detail.
· Ability to work as a member of a multi-disciplinary service team.
· Excellent benefit advocacy skills.
· Demonstrated ability to work as a team.
· Excellent problem solving skills.
· Strong communication skills.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or a related field.
· Two years of experience working with very low-income people in a social service setting.
· Two years of experience working with families
· Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of substance abuse and mental health issues and their effects on individuals, families, elderly and immigrant populations.
· Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of issues related to aging in place.
· Knowledge of current resources and service/benefits programs in San Francisco and the Greater Bay Area.
· Bi-lingual: English/Spanish
· Experience working within a Harm Reduction Model.
· Experience working in a Permanent Supportive Housing setting.
· Experience providing housing stabilization, housing retention, and eviction prevention services.
Tenderloin Neighborhood Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (August 13, 2014), all qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for the position.
Mission: Tenderloin Neighborhood Development Corporation (TNDC) provides affordable housing and services for low-income people in the Tenderloin and throughout San Francisco, to promote equitable access to…
Full time vision, dental and health benefits
Full time vision, dental and health benefits