Details: Commensurate With Experience
1333 H Street, NW, 10th Floor
- Reports to: Desktop Support Manager
- Staff reporting to this position: None
- Department: Technology
- Position classification: Nonexempt, full time
American Progress has an immediate opening for Desktop Support Lead Technician. The Desktop Support Lead Technician manages and maintains technology support and best practices, helping to develop, execute, and maintain both current and new workflows and processes that strengthen the organization’s effective use of technology while providing quality service to American Progress’ staff.
- Assist in leading team in the performance of assigned duties.
- Technical lead for managing Microsoft Office 365, Exchange Management Console, and Windows Active Directory.
- Administer American Progress’ intranet—SharePoint and Confluence—and other cloud-based technologies.
- Work closely with the Help Desk Manager to implement measures advancing the service quality of the support technical group while also gathering key metrics to measure performance.
- Work closely with the Help Desk Manger to evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends to determine ways to prevent future problems and improve support technician performance.
- Field American Progress’ user community requests and support calls.
- Manage the deployment of security updates and operating system images using Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) 2012 or other network solutions.
- Enter incoming inventory into American Progress’ inventory management system.
- Assist in provisioning mobile devices and managing their inventory.
- Handle routine desktop support tasks, such as user setups, equipment moves, and troubleshooting.
- Provide technical training as required.
- Work alongside other information technology staff to solve more complex support tasks.
- Document procedures for support tasks.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is preferred.
- Two to three years of experience in desktop or help desk support.
- Two to three years of experience supporting and maintaining Windows 8 workstations in Active Directory environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Strong ability to analyze and troubleshoot technical problems.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SCCM 2012
- Experience supporting users via Remote Desktop.
- Mac OS X support experience is highly desirable.
- Commitment to the organization’s mission and goals.
This position is part of a bargaining unit represented by IFPTE Local 70.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please combine your cover letter and resume/CV into one Word or PDF file, upload the file, and complete the application through the link below.
This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. No phone calls, please.
Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from American Progress.
Thank you for your interest in American Progress.