4301 Connecticut Avenue, NW Suite M-2
About Girl Scouts
Girl Scouts Nation’s Capital is the largest Girl Scout Council in the country. It provides girls in grades K-12 with opportunities to learn new skills, make friends, and discover the power of girls together. We’re the preeminent leadership development organization for girls.
An Excellent Opportunity
We are looking for a Training Development Specialist who can help us successfully coach and prepare adult volunteers for working with Girl Scouts by providing them with quality training. We are on a mission to build girls of courage, confidence, and character who make the world a better place. The right candidate won’t just be training Girl Scout volunteers. Their work will impact adults who are changing future generations of girls!
Here’s What You Will Be Doing
- Working with volunteer educators, troop leaders, and staff to write curriculum for in-person training.
- Updating existing in-person and online trainings and workshops.
- Creating online tutorials for volunteers.
- Updating and maintaining online and published resources for volunteers.
- Maintaining strong relationship with volunteers through phone calls, emails, and in-person meetings.
Is this you?
- 2-3 years of experience in Education, Online Learning, or Training
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Experience designing, writing, and implementing curricula; this experience for adult-learners preferred.
- Understanding of organizational development and group dynamics would be useful (but not a must)
- Experienced working with volunteers
- Great written and oral communication skills, including public presentations
- Self-motivated and efficient with strong time-management skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office; familiarity with Salesforce or Adobe Captivate, a plus
- Girl Scout experience, especially as adult volunteer, is very helpful (but not critical)
- Ability to maintain a varied work schedule including occasional evenings and weekends
- Have access to automobile for occasional travel
- Passionate about girl leadership; experience in Girl Scouting, a plus
Some of Our Benefits
- 100% employer-paid HMO for employees (dependent coverage, POS, dental/vision available)
- 3% employer contribution to 403(b), plus additional 2% match
- Generous paid leave benefits
- Friendly colleagues who are dedicated to a common mission to make a difference in the lives of girls
Do you like a traditional job description? We have that too! It’s on our website: www.gscnc.org/jobs.
Our benefit package is generous, including:
- 3 health insurance options (The Council pays the full monthly premium for individual coverage in the HMO or HMO/HSA and contributes $91.53 per pay period to the HSA for employees on that plan.)
- Dental and vision plan
- 100% employer-paid life and AD&D insurance
- 100% employer-paid long-term disability insurance
- Voluntary employee-paid short-term disability insurance
- Immediate, 100% vested, employer contribution of 3% to 403(b) plan
- 403(b) match of 2% available after 12 months of employment (3 year vesting)
- A generous paid vacation policy (0-3 years = 18 days; >3 years = 24 days)
- 10 paid holidays, annually – including 1 floating holiday
- 12 paid sick days, annually
- 10 paid New Child Leave days for qualifying staff
- Flexible spending plans for certain medical and dependent care expenses
- Employee assistance program
- Metro SmartBenefits® (pretax transportation program)
- Garage parking at our main office, conveniently paid through pretax payroll deduction
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, click here or the link above to complete application through our website.
An Equal Opportunity Employer