IOCDF Event Coordinator
The IOCDF Event Coordinator’s primary responsibility is to oversee the execution of details determined by the Associate Director of Events. This position will also support the Senior Event Coordinator and aid in managing the smooth execution of virtual and live events. This position will report directly to the Associate Director of Events.
Qualifications to Perform the Job
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) is preferred.
- Spanish language proficiency is strongly preferred.
- Experience in a non-profit setting is preferred.
- Experience using technological solutions (Cvent) for event coordination is preferred.
- Experience with continuing education protocols preferred.
- 2-3 years of experience in a fast paced office environment or equivalent is required.
- Prior experience with working with customers and providing Customer Service is required.
- Excellent computer skills, especially in word processing, spreadsheets, and database software: Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Powerpoint, Excel) required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Must feel comfortable talking with a wide variety of callers, including speakers and event attendees.
- Some lifting of boxes and mail trays; may require lifting items weighing up to 30 pounds.
- Desire to work in the events industry.
- Desire to grow with the company and eventually lead events.
- This role is an in-office position and will require the employee to report to the Boston office.
Duties and Responsibilities
- General event administration - managing Google Drive documents, filing, etc.
- Respond to event related emails.
- Book travel and lodging for live events.
- Serve as the first point-of-contact at registration, whether online, over the phone, or in-person.
- Monitor registration process via an event management system (cvent) and make registration adjustments for clients as needed, including refunds.
- Ensure that attendee data is successfully transferred to the central client management system (Salesforce).
- Assist with CEU/CME applications and continuing education compliance.
- Coordinate shipping of conference materials to the venue.
- Support staff/presenter/faculty for events.
- Set up various meetings and take meeting notes.
- Assist with events on select weekends required for virtual and live events.
- Travel required for the annual live event in July. Potential for travel to other events as well.
- Create and process event survey data.
- Issue certificate of completion for CE credits.
- Issue certificate of completion for program completion (trainings).
- Assist with conference schedule data.
- Support the call for papers process via Catalyst.
- Keep track of website update needs.
- Create first drafts for various projects.
- Research new trends in the field.
- Work with the Associate Director of Events on additional duties and projects including administrative support.
- Assist the Senior Event Coordinator on select projects.
Salary: $40,000 annually
IOCDF strongly encourages qualified applicants from all cultures, backgrounds and genders/non-binary candidates to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 per year
Hire may have some remote work allowance due to COVID-19.