Lifebridge’s mission is to end the crisis of homelessness. We believe that the way to solve this crisis, one person at a time, is to provide housing with supportive services, to encourage personal and income development, and stability in physical and mental health.
The Lifebridge Thrift Shop not only provides essential funding for our programs each year, but also ensures a supply of clothing and essentials for our clients.
Lifebridge is looking to add a member to the team that is interested in thrifting, the idea of reduce, reuse and recycle. A good team player and believes in the mission of Lifebridge North Shore.
Requirements in this role include:
- 21 years of age or older.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Must maintain a current MA driver’s license
- Must have a clean driving record and the ability to pass a CORI.
- Ability to pass DOT physical/obtain Medical Card
- Ability to pass TB test and drug screen.
- Prior customer service experience.
- Delivery, and/moving experience preferred, but willing to train the right candidate.
- Ability to work a Tuesday thru Saturday schedule.
- Flexible work schedule, that will include up to 5 hours in the evening per week.
- Must have the ability to repetitively lift, pull and push 50+ pounds, reach above head height, stand, walk, kneel, bend and reach.
- Maintain a professional appearance and attitude.
- Ability to work a flexible daily schedule based on customer and company needs.
- Able to influence people in positive ways for mutual benefit.
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
- Truck driving experience
- Knowledge of the furniture and mattress industry
- Essential Functions
- Responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to:
- Daily maintenance, cleaning, and safety checks on delivery vehicle.
- Check to make sure that delivery team has all the tools needed for that day’s work, along with proper touch-up and cleaning items.
- Loading, delivery of customer orders.
- Following delivery/pick up notes and keeping in contact with customer and Thrift Store of any delays or discrepancies on deliveries/pick-ups.
- Greeting each customer/donor with a smile and introducing both yourself and your partner.
- Treating each customer/donor, their property, and their items with the utmost respect.
- Inspection of each piece of furniture before accepting item(s) from donor’s home.
- Delivery of items per customer specifications.
- Referral to any questions concerning customer/donor items to store personnel.
- Communication of any issues regarding delivery or vehicle to thrift shop manager both verbally and via written form.
- Turning a vehicle inspection report, along with all fuel receipts at the end of the day.
The Lifebridge Truck Driver direct reports the Thrift Shop Manager and indirectly to the Operations Manager.
Based on experience.
$14.00 to $16.00 /hour