Marketing and Communications Associate
Details: Salary is commensurate with experience. CAMEO offers a competitive base salary with comprehensive benefits.
1 Hallidie Plaza
Do you visit your local bookstore more than Barnes and Noble? Do you support local economies driven by local small business owners? Do you understand the power of business ownership to lift up families and help them thrive and reach their version of the California Dream? If so, we are looking for a marketing and communications associate that can help us spread the word.
CAMEO is California’s statewide network made up of over 200 organizations, agencies, and individuals dedicated to furthering microbusiness development in California. Annually, CAMEO members serve about 21,000 very small businesses with training, business and credit assistance and loans. These firms – largely start-ups with less than five employees – support or create 37,000 new jobs in California and generate a total of $1.3 billion in economic activity. Learn more at microbiz.org.
- Help manage CAMEO’s social media presence, including increasing our social media engagement and optimizing our effectiveness on our current platforms, as well as exploring and experimenting with potential new platforms.
- Draft and suggest content.
- Manage day-to-day execution of social media messaging.
- Help develop an annual social media strategic plan.
- Update portions of the website (launching new site soon) in an ongoing manner. Publish various content throughout the year, such as calendar events, job descriptions, reports.
- Adhere to best practices and SEO optimization.
- Working with the Associate Director, track and analyze data performance and work in order to optimize user engagement and help drive future marketing decisions.
- Write and post client success stories.
- Write blog posts.
- Suggest and write other content.
- Draft emails as necessary.
Marketing Materials/Print Collateral
- Work with Associate Director to develop and/or edit content for print publications using InDesign.
- Document events via photography and video to convey effective stories
- Organize and maintain the online photo archive.
- Draft press releases as necessary
- Follow up with press as directed
General program support and other duties as assigned. We are a small staff and expect everyone to contribute to the success of our programs and events. Some out-of-office travel is required.
A successful candidate will:
- Demonstrate proficiency, efficiency and a creative approach in support of CAMEO’s brand with a desire to learn about our mission and vision to create an entrepreneurial ecosystem where diverse independent entrepreneurs and small businesses can thrive.
- Write creatively, clearly, and compellingly with an eye for detail and impeccable grammar, maintain the highest level of quality, accuracy, and judgment.
- Possess advanced proficiency with MS Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint; experience with Salesforce a plus; graphic design skills and experience with the Adobe Creative Suite, especially InDesign, also a plus.
- Understand key social media platforms, including Vimeo, Flickr, YouTube, Twitter, Facebook and similar platforms, and the nuances of each platform’s audience needs and requirements; be prepared to explore and recommend new or additional platforms to achieve CAMEO’s brand goals. Familiarity with WordPress.
- Be an active collaborator and contributor to a team, but have the ability to work independently and proactively.
- Possess efficient project management, time-management and organizational skills.
- Possess a strong, results-driven work ethic paired with the ability to adapt quickly to changing situations and circumstances.
- Have strong interpersonal skills (including a good sense of humor) with the ability to communicate with a variety of audiences.
- Demonstrate experience in job responsibilities.
This is a part-time (24-30 hours per week) position with the possibility of growing to a full-time position. Schedule will be determined with the successful applicant. Salary is commensurate with experience. CAMEO offers a competitive base salary with comprehensive benefits.
Level of Language Proficiency
BA degree recommended, but related experience will be considered.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates should provide a digital cover letter, resume, a writing sample, and an example of your social media skills to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until filled. This is a new position that can start immediately. Please note the job title in the subject line of your email.
CAMEO will consider applicants equally without regard to sex, gender, race, age, ethnicity, national origin, disability, marital or veteran status, medical condition, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We reasonably accommodate staff members and applicants with disabilities, provided they are otherwise able to perform the essential functions of the job. Individuals who need assistance or accommodation due to a disability may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.