Position Overview: TLA is searching for a new member to join our dynamic nonprofit as an Associate Partner on our programs team. The Associate Partner will contribute to key projects and strategic initiatives across a broad range of TLA’s programmatic work, with an initial focus on planning for and launching the next cohorts for our Strategy Lab initiative. Working with a community of district leaders from across the country, the Strategy Lab will use an inclusive design process to tackle gnarly challenges in the field, starting with advancing high-quality virtual and hybrid learning.
Key skills and qualities of the candidates we are seeking include:
- Passion for transforming K-12 education: You are passionate about transforming teaching and learning practice to be more personalized, mastery-based, and focused on the whole child. You also have a deep understanding of and empathy for on-the-ground practitioners.
- Orientation to systems-level change: You are oriented to providing high-quality, customized support to education leaders and other field partners while also seeing the big picture and looking across contexts to integrate learning. You want to learn more about the unique role of a national intermediary organization in the K-12 field.
- Project management: You have a track record of success with project management and coordination across multiple stakeholders, internal and external. You also have the ability to quickly learn new tools, systems, and skills to support quality execution of projects and programs.
- Analytical thinking: You consistently exhibit strong analytical thinking skills, with particular skill in data analysis, desk research, synthesizing information clearly and succinctly, and identifying patterns and themes.
- Relationship building: You are adept at cultivating trusting relationships within an organization and with external partners, drawing on interpersonal skills that allow you to collaborate well with a broad range of stakeholders.
- Communication skills: You have strong oral and written communications skills, with particularly outstanding writing and editing skills. You are excited about the opportunity to share TLA’s work and real-time learning through blog posts, articles, guides, and other clear and compelling written communication.
- Detail orientation: You are energized by ensuring accuracy, thoroughness, and excellence. You do not let important details, tasks, or follow-ups fall through the cracks.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment: You can prioritize conflicting needs, handle multiple work streams expeditiously and thoroughly, and follow through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressure.
Key Responsibilities: Initial responsibilities upon entry will include:
- Play a key role designing and executing highly effective and engaging experiences for networks of school systems and aligned providers, including scheduling of individual and cohort meetings, agenda creation, note-taking and synthesis, tracking of action items, desk research, and other tasks that promote excellent execution and learning.
- Support the creation of strategic guidance and tools for school and system leaders to build their knowledge and ability to implement emerging practices and innovations on behalf of students nationally. Such guidance will be in multiple formats, including online tools, artifacts and storytelling, written communications (blogs, case studies, etc.), and presentations.
- Effectively communicate about and reflect on the status of project and work underway through TLA’s project management tools (e.g. Monday.com), data and analytics sources, and funder reporting.
- Support TLA’s ability to monitor, make sense of, and effectively communicate about emerging practices, system strategies, and market developments in the education innovation sector.
- Contribute to other key programmatic initiatives, including research projects, guidance and tool development, and networked learning of field partners (e.g. district leaders, support providers, etc.), depending on need and interest.
Other Skills, Experience & Qualities: An ideal candidate will bring the following:
- 2+ years professional experience, ideally in education, consulting, or a related field.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with innovative approaches to education, including mastery-based, personalized, data-driven approaches to teaching and learning.
- Deep understanding and empathy for practitioner needs, humility, and a passion for helping educators and leaders solve gnarly problems of practice.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and approach, with a track record of taking initiative and rolling up sleeves to tackle challenging problems and get things done.
- Orientation to collaboration and collective intelligence, both within a “matrixed” organization and with external partners.
- Commitment to and modeling of practices that support diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Passion for TLA’s mission and alignment with our core values.
- Experience and/or comfort with remote work.