The Director of Technology Solutions advises on technology to achieve The Marfan Foundation’s programmatic, marketing, fundraising, operations and finance goals on behalf of and in coordination with internal stakeholders. This individual will coordinate with internal and external technology resources to execute on technology projects and tasks prioritized by internal stakeholders. This person will set and enforce technology policies and procedures that support the business needs while implementing best practices related to the usage of technology in the not-for-profit space.
He/she must be able to interpret, communicate and translate business needs into technical requirements (and vice versa) and be adept at working with technical resources and program and development staff to accomplish their goals. Additionally, the Director of Technology Solutions may be called on to implement technical solutions including configuration, integration, automation, extracting and reporting across the ecosystem. As such this role will require that he/she be adept in the systems and tools used by the organization especially with experience as a Salesforce Administrator.
This is a full-time exempt position, reporting to the COO/CFO, which can be located at The Marfan Foundation office in Port Washington, NY or at a virtual location. The Marfan Foundation, founded in 1981, is a voluntary health organization that creates a brighter future for everyone affected by Marfan syndrome and genetic aortic conditions.
The main responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
● Familiarity with all technologies in the Marfan ecosystem:
o Salesforce Lightning
o Third-party apps which integrate with Salesforce
● Responsible for fleshing out and managing new product initiatives on behalf of other teams including generating requirements and communicating those requirements to technical resources, which might include outside vendors
● Responsible for facilitating the execution of projects and tasks across the technology ecosystem
● Recommend and implement new features and functionality based on user need
● Monitor new features and recommend ways to take full advantage of the system
● Understand the data needs of different teams within the organization and interpret those needs into data management practices
● Create automations for regular organizational database processes related to the programmatic, marketing, fundraising, operations and finance efforts and optimize current systems; also work with relevant staff to train, test and implement the automations.
● Assist in writing reports to extract data from Salesforce database and other tools in the ecosystem.
● Set and enforce technology policies and procedures that support the business needs while implementing best practices related to the usage of technology in the not-for-profit space including cyber security, data security, backup strategies, user permissions, email policies, etc.
● Select and manage external vendors who provide hardware and software support including Microsoft Azure and other cloud based applications.
● Other duties as assigned.
● College degree or equivalent experience required
● Experience at a nonprofit and/or detailed understanding of nonprofit operations
● Hands on experience with Salesforce, Classy, Cvent, Hubspot, or other similar CRM and digital marketing platforms
● Experience as a Salesforce Administrator
● Experience managing an effective IT security program, educating employees on security practices, and monitoring for security threats
● Experience working with remote teams
● Experience managing vendors and/or other external resources
● Excellent written and oral communication skills, including
● Strong interpersonal and planning skills; excellent organizational skills.
● Demonstrated ability to take initiative
● Ability to work well with a wide variety of people and to coordinate diverse tasks
● Ability to present technical concepts to non‐technical staff
● Can‐do attitude and commitment to the non-profit sector
● Ability to take direction, work well under pressure, handle multiple tasks at once, and adapt to changing situations on a daily basis
● Sense of humor appreciated
The Director of Technology Solutions advises on technology to achieve The Marfan Foundation’s programmatic, marketing, fundraising, operations and finance goals on behalf of and in coordination with internal stakeholders. This…