Details: Commensurate with experience
324 West 15th Street
Corlears School, a small New York City independent school located in the lively Chelsea neighborhood of Manhattan, is seeking a full-time Communications Associate to work in conjunction with the Institutional Advancement Team to support clear and effective communication with the internal community, as well as implement the external marketing and branding plan.
- Work closely with the Institutional Advancement Team to promote the school’s fundraising, enrollment, auxiliary programs and alumni programs through regular communication in multiple formats including mail, email and social media
- Create and send weekly email updates to internal community, as well as an official quarterly newsletter.
- Design and distribute all event invitations for both internal and external community. Events include those for Admission, Development, Outplacement and general school wide happenings.
- School’s webmaster, regularly updating information, as well as supporting SEO
- Social media coordinator; curating all content shared online and across social media platforms.
- Photographing of major school events
- Creation of original graphics for events, announcements and promotions.
- Liaise with third party vendors to coordinate branding work including print, digital and video content.
- Create content and schedule digital marketing efforts through various channels including social media and third party websites
- Bachelors (required) or Masters (a plus)
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written (editorial background a plus)
- Strong familiarity with social media tools
- Ability to design and create graphics for invitations and announcements; familiarity with design software such as Adobe suite (Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator)
- Knowledge of SEO metrics and ability to support SEO of school’s website
- Familiarity with database systems such as Senior Systems
- Desire to work collaboratively with appreciation for difference and a commitment to inclusion
- Independent initiative, creative approach
- Highly organized
The Corlears Community:
Corlears is a warm and nurturing community dedicated to the educational excellence of young children through the elementary grades. Corlears is committed to creating an environment and shaping a curriculum that embraces differences. Our small and dynamic community makes working at Corlears both exciting and an opportunity for growth. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
Please send resume and cover letter to:
Attention: David Egolf
Please indicate the position title in the subject of the email.
TIAA Creff (after 2 years)
Minimum Education Required