Opportunities for a Better Tomorrow (OBT) exists to break the cycle of poverty and inequity through education, job training, and employment. OBT’s programs operate out of multiple locations and serve as a bridge to economic opportunity for youth, individuals, and families in underserved communities. Through various sector-based pathways, we offer programming that extends from high school equivalency programming to industry-certified training. OBT is funded through a mixture of government contracts, corporate and foundation grants, and private contributions. To learn more about our work, please visit www.obtjobs.org.
We are seeking an organized, enthusiastic Program Associate for our Queens, NY location who will provide administrative support and assistance to participants and staff members in a range of program offerings for 17-24 year old young adults.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Provide a welcoming, information rich environment to all incoming participants
· Administer all program assessments to determine eligibility
· Gather documents and maintain all participant records and files
· Ensure that all data entry and initial tracking is current and consistent with contract requirements
· Assist with phone, web and in person outreach to support young adults interested in the program
· Assist with all information sessions and orientation logistics
· Monitor the flow of young adults throughout program components
· Maintain systems to track all data
· Cultivate and manage relationships within OBT’s interdisciplinary team
· Provide comprehensive administrative support to all aspects of the Jamaica Medical Administrative Assistant and Evening High School Equivalency programs.
· Participate in professional development to share best practices and improve educational programming
· Manage and prioritize activities and tasks in a fast paced environment
· Ability to work in a remote setting as required
The Program Associate at OBT is expected to have the following professional and personal qualities, skills, and characteristics:
· Be highly organized and able to manage/prioritize multiple tasks in a high-paced environment
· Have a warm, welcoming and customer service driven approach
· Possess a passion for working with Opportunity Youth
· Be able to model calm and professionalism while engaging with a variety of stakeholders including young adults, employers, and community partners
· Have demonstrated skills in data entry and filing
· Have experience with Microsoft Office Suite; Salesforce, a plus
· Believe that workforce development and equity are inextricably linked, and have a passionate commitment to OBT’s mission and vision
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree preferred
· Minimum of 2 years of administrative and/or customer service experience required
Why You Should Join Us
· 16.50/hour; 15 – 20 hours per week
· Growth orientated, entrepreneurial work environment that pairs high accountability with high support
· We are a passionate and motivated staff excited to propel NYC’s young adult communities
Equal employment opportunity and having a diverse staff are fundamental principles at OBT, where employment and promotional opportunities are based upon individual capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation/affectional preference, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic as established under law.
Opportunities for a Better Tomorrow (OBT) exists to break the cycle of poverty and inequity through education, job training, and employment. OBT’s programs operate out of multiple locations and serve as a bridge to economic opportunity for…