Senior Director, for Strategic Initiatives and Partnerships
- Job posted by America's Promise Alliance
1110 Vermont Ave., NW
America’s Promise Alliance seeks a Senior Director, for Strategic Initiatives and Partnerships to lead a bold new campaign focused on youth employment. This is an exciting opportunity for a creative, strategic, and passionate professional to lead a significant organizational campaign from inception and help develop and execute the vision, goals and strategies for long-term success and impact. The Senior Director will serve as the project director for this multi-sector effort to bring people and organizations together behind unifying goals, to connect ongoing efforts and to spark new ones at the community level, and to develop and disseminate more knowledge about the youth employment challenge and effective responses. Beyond management of the youth employment campaign, the Senior Director contributes to the development, direction and implementation of the overall Strategic Initiatives and Partnerships efforts.
About America's Promise
America’s Promise Alliance is the nation’s largest network dedicated to improving the lives of children and youth. We bring together more than 400 national organizations and thousands of community leaders to focus the nation’s attention on young people’s lives and voices, lead bold campaigns to expand opportunity, conduct groundbreaking research on what young people need to thrive, and accelerate the adoption of strategies that help young people succeed. GradNation, our signature campaign, has helped to increase the nation’s high school graduation rate to a record high. In the past 12 years, an additional 2 million young people have graduated from high school. America’s Promise works to create an America where every young person has the chance to succeed and every adult the responsibility to make it happen.
- Lead the overall youth employment campaign including: managing a cross-functional campaign team; engaging a campaign steering committee and other critical partners; and ensuring effective development and quality execution of all campaign strategies and activities
- Build and manage relationships with targeted stakeholders interested in and working to get more young people a start and solid foothold in the workplace (funders, national organizations, employers, state and community leaders, etc.)
- Work with consultants, external agencies, and contractors to execute campaign strategies and measure and report on effectiveness
- Supervise and manage staff, maintaining a culture of high expectations, producing quality work and continuous growth and learning
- Provide support and leadership across all Strategic Initiatives and Partnerships departmental activities.
- Serve on the Leadership Team and support America's Promise Alliance's overall strategy, key events and activities
- Work collaboratively with internal cross-functional teams on issues ranging from media and digital communications to academic research
Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
Minimum 8 years work experience preferably in youth employment, education and/or youth development/serving field; experience building coalitions; experience with state and community engagement/support, national partnerships, national campaigns, and/or youth employment focused programs highly desirable.
Additional skills, knowledge and abilities required:
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills required: including listening skills, written and oral communication skills, facilitation skills, and presentation skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external contacts at all levels.
- Excellent project management skills and ability to manage multiple, complex projects, prioritize deliverables and handle unanticipated demands and requests,
- Excellent interpersonal skills, a collaborative style, ability to engage colleagues at all levels.
- Experience supervising staff and leading teams.
- Maturity and confidence to work internally and externally with national, state and local leaders, partners, staff and consultants to support the organization’s efforts.
- Ability to travel throughout the United States.
America’s Promise welcomes diversity of all types and is committed to an inclusive environment that allows all team members to thrive.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a resume and cover letter detailing your interest in the position to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put (Senior Director, Strategic Initiatives and Partnerships) in the subject line.