The Institute for Humane Studies (IHS) seeks a Digital Marketing Manager to support a growing community of university scholars across the country in advancing a better understanding of the principles of classic liberal ideas--including a free and open society, free speech and open inquiry--and helping them to flourish on college campuses.
The role of the Digital Marketing Manager is layered and multifaceted. You will be expected to manage where needed to make sure communications and marketing campaigns are up and running effectively. This role is the keeper of the IHS digital footprint across properties and is accountable for the performance, experience, growth, and maintenance while also juggling positive interactions with the multiple departments and teams as well as external partners and providers.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Communication Marketing, Digital, the Digital Marketing Manager is responsible for overseeing digital properties and channels supporting IHS efforts. This position will work closely with the dedicated analytics team to track, measure, and report on the performance of IHS marketing. The person in this role needs to balance a solid understanding of the organizational goals and priorities against the resource and technological limitations of IHS.
IHS is an organization that turns ideas into action, and our Digital Marketing Manager is a crucial part of that metamorphosis. You'll work on the front lines, on the backend, and everywhere in between. And, if you're the candidate we're looking for, you wouldn't want it any other way.
- Support the Senior Director of Communications Marketing in building a skilled, innovative, agile, data-driven team and a technological infrastructure of equal measure.
- Participate in the development and implementation of a digital strategy; provide strategic recommendations to the organization in regards to digital initiatives.
- Serve as the owner of IHS web properties-maintenance, experience, performance. Knowledge of Wordpress and HTML will be needed.
- Working with other members of the Communication Marketing team to execute digital marketing campaigns across online channels.
- Manage the day-to-day collaborative efforts on digital communication and marketing initiatives.
- Evaluate the effectiveness and business relevance of digital marketing campaigns through metrics dashboards and behavioral research initiatives.
- Provide project management across multiple clients and issue areas, managing the implementation of digital marketing and website projects from scope development and creative concepting to technical development and launch.
- Scopes, defines, estimates and manages digital projects.
- Examine and analyze web traffic in coordination with analytics team, reporting as required. Familiarity with Google Analytics a must, Google Tag Manager and Data Studio is a plus.
- Establish clear lines of communication and collaborative partnership with the department directors and creative teams.
- Suggest and implement process improvements.
- Manage vendor partners, ensuring quality standards are maintained.
- Keep abreast of digital and traditional best practices. Ensuring these are understood by the team and followed.
- Act as a brand watch dog for IHS digital properties ensuring brand standards are met across digital properties.
- Support the Senior Director on other transformational projects as needed
The ideal candidate will:
- Demonstrate a record of success managing digital properties, projects, and campaigns for a growing organization.
- Possess clear, confident, and constructive communication skills.
- Thrive under pressure, with a keen attention to priorities, deadlines, solutions, and strong organizational skills.
- A willingness to work in a hands-on capacity when necessary.
- A self-starter mindset with openness to new challenges and comfort with evolving workflows.
- Familiarity with the fundamentals of digital products, their development and their use.
- Experience with Pardot or similar email service provider system
- Experience with WordPress or similar content management system
Preferred but not necessary for success at IHS :
- Experience with Google Tag Manager
- Experience with SalesForce
Position Requirements and Preferences:
- Minimum of 5-7 years applicable professional experience in similar multi-faceted role.
- Relevant degree in marketing, communication, information technology, or other appropriate field. Undergraduate degree required, graduate degree in relevant field preferred.
- Strong understanding of websites, digital marketing and project management-ability to interface across departments, drive delivery, and execute with limited oversight.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
Each year IHS awards over $1 million in scholarships to students from universities around the world. IHS also sponsors the attendance of hundreds of students at its summer seminars and provides various forms of career assistance, including mentoring, a job board, and online career development seminars. Through its programs, the Institute promotes the study of liberty across a broad range of disciplines, encouraging understanding, open inquiry, rigorous scholarship, and creative problem-solving.
We have a flexible, professional, open office environment that encourages innovation and entrepreneurship and provides substantial opportunity for professional growth. Salary is competitive and will be commensurate with experience. IHS provides exceptional benefits to all employees, including health and dental insurance coverage (which includes paying 100% of the health and dental insurance premium for individuals), health savings accounts, long-term disability and life insurance, a 403(b) retirement savings program, a parking permit and 12 free tuition credit hours annually at George Mason University.
The Institute for Humane Studies is a recognized leader in the development of talented students, scholars, and other intellectuals who share an interest in liberty and in advancing the principles and practice of classical liberalism. IHS, founded in 1961, is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) educational organization, based at George Mason University, that works with students and scholars across a broad range of academic and professional disciplines.
Minimum Education Required