639 Bedford Road
With national visibility and local accolades as the tri-state area’s top source for family friendly entertainment, Historic Hudson Valley (www.hudsonvalley.org) educates and entertains more than 300,000 visitors a year through our school programs, house tours, and large-scale special events like the Great Jack O’Lantern Blaze and Horseman’s Hollow. Our in-house production department is responsible for creating and delivering our family entertainment events.
Historic Hudson Valley, Westchester County’s largest cultural organization, seeks three experienced Event Production Superivsors to organize and manage the logistics associated with our large-scale public events. Reporting to the Director of Event Production, the Supervisor may be assigned day or evening responsibilities including: development of work plans, preparing materials lists, daily oversight of assigned staff and contracted vendors, serving as manager during daytime event set up or evening runs.
This is a full-time seasonal position (August – December) and requires evening, weekend and holiday availability. You must be in good physical condition and able to work outdoors in all kinds of weather. Five years’ experience managing large, public events; a BA in Theater Design and Stagecraft or a related field; a valid driver’s license; a strong work ethic; and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite are required. The successful Event Production Supervisor must be flexible, with the ability to re-prioritize in a fast paced environment, highly organized, and able to focus on details and think creatively to address logistical issues. Additional physical requirements:
· Must be able to walk or stand on level, inclined and unpaved surfaces for extended periods
· Must be able to lift/carry up to 40 lbs.
· Must be able to crouch, crawl, stoop, kneel, reach, push, pull, twist, lift in any direction for sustained periods of time
· Must be able to grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbow/knee and reach above/below shoulders
· Must be able to sustain movement/motion of the wrists, hands and/or fingers
· Must be able to perceive attributes of objects, such as size, shape, temperature or texture by touching with skin, particularly fingertips
· Must be able to routinely climb/descend stairs and ladders
· Must be able to read and interpret written material and instructions
· Must be able to communicate (i.e. clearly express and exchange ideas) by voice and detect sound by ear (e.g. receive detail information and make fine discriminations in sound)
· Must be able to distinguish color and judge three-dimensional depths
· Must be able to maintain body equilibrium to prevent falling when walking, standing or crouching on narrow, slippery or erratically moving surfaces.
Level of Language Proficiency
English proficiency required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, send letter of interest and resume to email@example.com. Place the words
“Production Supervisor” in the subject line. Candidates of diverse ethnic and racial backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Thank you for your interest in Historic Hudson Valley.