1320 Centre Street
Friends of the Arava Institute, located in Newton Centre, is expanding its Fundraising and Development Team with the addition of a full-time and/or a part-time (20-25 hours/week) Development Professional, who will be responsible for direct fundraising to a specific donor portfolio.
Friends of the Arava Institute’s mission is to support the critical work of the Arava Institute for Environmental Studies through public awareness, student recruitment and fundraising campaigns. We are supported by a national board of trustees and a professional staff dedicated to manifesting the values of the Arava Institute in the United States.
The Arava Institute (www.arava.org) is a leading environmental and academic institution in the Middle East, working to advance cross-border environmental cooperation in the face of political conflict. It houses accredited academic programs, research centers, and international cooperation initiatives focusing on a range of environmental concerns and challenges.
- Manage and steward an active portfolio of prospects, which will include creating and implementing a cultivation plan for these donors, making asks and thank-you calls, and doing other personalized outreach to donors via phone and email.
- Maintain accuracy of donor records in database, including actions and reminders based on phone and email contacts.
- Contribute creative thinking to printed pieces, events and brainstorm outreach ideas for donors of all sizes.
- Experience managing and growing the number of donors and revenue from a specific donor group or portfolio.
- Strong donor-relations skills, including a friendly phone manner and the ability to work comfortably with a variety of people.
- Commitment to and belief in our mission.
- Strong organization skills and work ethic.
- Strong writing and communication skills, including comfort with proactively contacting donors by telephone.
- Work or volunteer experience with an environmental, educational, or peace-building organization strongly preferred.
There is flexibility in this position, a portion can be done remotely, and we are interviewing both full and part time applicants.
Friends of the Arava Institute runs a small, thriving office in Newton Centre. We are looking for a person with the requisite background, and ideally growth potential, to join our team.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com detailing the reason for your interest in this position and how your experiences are applicable.
This is an exempt position, which may require a rare evening and/or weekend commitment.
Minimum Education Required