Details: ITPC will provide a competitive salary package based on candidate’s experience and skills.
Unit 48, The Office Fairground Bldg
Is this You?
You have natural eye for detail and are very organized. You understand the value of core support and are willing to go beyond the call of duty to achieve team objectives. You are able to anticipate needs and put a plan in place to execute what you know is needed; and will respectfully challenge ways of working to ensure the highest quality and levels of efficiency. Your core values are aligned with ITPC’s vision for a world free of injustice and of better health for all.
ITPC is seeking a full time Executive Assistant experienced in handling administrative support for the executive leadership of ITPC. This full-time position is based in Johannesburg, South Africa and reports directly to the Executive Director. This person must be exceedingly well organized, flexible and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting a small but global (and virtual) office with 2 current bases – Gaborone, Botswana and Johannesburg, South Africa.
• Support the Executive Director to ensure the achievement of ITPC strategic objectives.
• Responsible for internal communications management including proofing, formatting, aligning and publishing/updating via email. Assist, when required, with composing.
• Lead the coordination, preparation and finalization of ITPC Global Board meetings, information packets and support the meeting arrangements for international participants, as well as for other events/meetings, including minute-taking.
• General administrative duties for the Executive Leadership (include but is not limited to the
Executive Director) e.g. travel arrangements, flight and hotel bookings, visa applications and processing of claims (reimbursements etc.); diary, calendar/schedule contact and file management; budget monitoring.
• Responsible for editing and formatting documents as required by the Executive Director and in line with ITPC editorial guidelines.
• Support research as assigned by the Executive Director, for example, for resource mobilization, donor cultivation, key speaking events and presentations.
• Maintain and update filing systems and work with external parties (when outsourced) to ensure work is streamlined, effective and efficient and aligned with ITPC’s culture.
• Assist in the setup of ITPC office in South Africa (banking, procurement, logistics, etc.)
• Provide support, when necessary, to ITPC Directors.
• Manage ITPC organizational calendar in collaboration with program department
• Coordinate and take notes at weekly staff meetings.
• Earn the trust and respect of management, colleagues and partner organizations, and treats others with respect.
• Undergraduate degree or minimum of 3-years relevant experience in administrative role in non-profit, philanthropic sector or related field is required.
• Experience, and/or academic training in HIV/AIDS, public health, human rights, international development, or related field is a plus.
• Demonstrates commitment to high performance and holds self and others to account.
• Proactively works across the organization, seeking opportunities to share knowledge and develop systems.
• Challenges the status quo and looks for ways to improve and enhance existing processes.
· Experience of working in a busy environment with multiple demands
· Strong attention to detail
· Ability to manage own workload and successfully prioritizes accordingly
· Highly numerate with budget monitoring skills
· Flexibility to work in a dynamic environment and to multi-task
· Excellent computer skills, particularly MS Office package (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Comfortable working collaboratively both in-person & virtually
· Excellent inter-personal skills and ability to work with colleagues from different cultural backgrounds and perspectives
· Diplomatic and discreet
· Competency in Keynote, Numbers and Pages
· French/Spanish fluency
Level of Language Proficiency
English oral and written proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send resume with cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Executive Assistant – Application: LAST NAME, First Name” no later than September 25, 2018. No phone calls please, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. The start date for this posting is immediate.