1330 Braddock Place
The Program Services Coordinator is responsible for booking, scheduling and maintaining all reservations for Close Up student programs. These reservations include theater, meals, and tickets for academic components in Washington, D.C., and out-of-town locations.
- Establish and maintain personal contact and relationships with all vendors and program staff;
- Secure, update and maintain all theater ticket and meal voucher inventories to adhere to all program requirements.
- Schedule and maintain all necessary meal reservations based on program requirements;
- Schedule and maintain all reservations for out-of-town programs to include: Williamsburg, Gettysburg, Philadelphia, New York City, Tallahassee, Austin, and Honolulu;
- Schedule and maintain all reservations for the Teacher Reception;
- Pay and reconcile invoices with all vendors in a timely manner, creating purchase orders to reconcile for Finance;
- Maintain an accurate filing system for all invoices and reservations;
- Work with managers to keep within budget for all components;
- Collaborate with Sales, Curriculum, and Development to ensure the delivery of program services to internal and external clients;
- Provide on-site support for program staff as needed;
- Train and assist in the management of registration services, serve as Manager on Duty for certain weekends, serve as Registrar for Custom Programs; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Responsibilities may change following program season to allow for additional responsibilities within the Program Services Department as the Foundation grows.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university OR several years' of directly related experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability and willingness to learn web-based programs
- Ability to maintain and establish positive vendor and internal relationships
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Basic arithmetic and mathematical reasoning skills
- Willingness and ability to work nights and/or weekends as necessary
- Hospitality experience in a professional work environment
- Knowledge of the Washington, D.C. area
- Willingness to use own vehicle for onsite inspections (with reimbursement)
Health and Dental Insurance, 403(b) Retirement Plan, Flexible Spending Accounts, Vacation & Sick Leave, Short/Long-term and Life/AD&D Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, On-site Gym, Free Parking, Metro Subsidy, Metro Accessible Location (Braddock Road), Casual Attire, Great Colleagues.
When the need arises for business travel, appropriate compensation as outlined by the Fair Labor Standards Act will apply.
Level of Language Proficiency
English fluency in reading, writing, and speaking
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Only applications with a cover letter AND résumé will be considered. List "Program Services Coordinator" in the subject.
Close Up Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, and other legally protected characteristics.
We encourage AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni to apply. People of color and women are encouraged to apply.
Thank you for your interest in employment with Close Up. You will be contacted if your qualifications are a good match and you are selected for an interview.