This is a highly visible and customer service oriented position within the department. Primary responsibilities of the Training and Development Coordinator will be to communicate, coordinate, organize, schedule, and document training programs, in addition to administrative support for the Training and Development Department.
- Learn and integrate a trauma-informed, client-centered approach, using an anti-oppressive lens, into your work with colleagues.
- Greets visitors and acts as a customer service representative for department and site; provides stellar service to internal and external customers.
- Manages, maintains, and serves as point person for the Learning & Staff Development Conference Center including coordination with Building Staff, Operations Staff, Human Resources, Staff, team, and external vendors to ensure a well-functioning and maintained space.
- Prepares written communications, correspondence, online information and reports.
- Manages calendar and scheduling of space, meetings, trainings, and registration/attendance of participants.
- Prepares room set up/maintenance, equipment, and catering arrangements for Learning & Staff Development Center functions.
- Maintains inventory and prepares purchase orders of supplies and materials.
- Prepares all payment requests, expense reporting, and credit card reconciliation.
- Administers the daily utilization and maintenance of the Learning Management System (LMS).
- Creates standard and recurring LMS reports and builds ad hoc reports as needed.
- Identifies methods to improve productivity and growth via use of the system.
- Oversee volunteers, who may be assigned to the department or site.
- Answers and directs emails, telephone calls, faxes and mail directed to department or site.
- Researching and fulfilling requests for technical assistance.
- Maintains resource materials, completes data entry and runs reports for training utilization, inventory, and purchasing Handles confidential information discreetly and appropriately
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in office management or related experience
- Experience with Learning Management Systems
- Experience providing high level of customer service and customer contact
- Associates degree in business, administrative, HR or related field
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Strong professional presentation skills and an ability to interact appropriately with all levels of the organization.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, written and customer service skills (warm and welcoming, friendly, resourceful and professional)
- Technical skills including Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point), online publishing, and Internet savvy
- Extremely organized, detail oriented, and able to work well with interruptions in a high traffic environment
- Ability to compose and appropriately format correspondence and reports with accurate English grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- Ability to work effectively both as part of a team and independently
If hired, I agree to abide by all of Safe Horizon’s rules and regulations, and understand that, if employed, my employment may be terminated with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time, at the option of either the company or me. I further understand that no representation, whether oral or written by any representative or agent of the organization, at any time, constitutes a contract of employment
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply
Please follow this link to view complete EEO Law and complaint filing information: