55 M ST SE
The File Delivery Preflight Associate supports the Production Services area at Great Minds, a rapidly growing non-profit organization developing world-class curricula for grades PK–12. At Great Minds, we believe every child is capable of greatness. Our mission is to ensure all students have access to a quality education in the full range of liberal arts and sciences.
The primary responsibility of this role is to serve as the initial checkpoint for content files entering Production Services and to shepherd project files into a managed project workflow.
Although Great Minds is based in Washington D.C., this position can be performed remotely. Working under the direction of the Manager of Supplier Services, this role’s specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Complete a comprehensive check of all project files being delivered to Production Services from the content development teams.
- Ensure that all files required for the project are present, whole, valid, permissioned, and accurately reflect the details in the project request form.
- Ensure that all images and graphics meet defined specifications and are in the correct format and that metadata and applicable linking is correct.
- Identify any issues that might delay the project and coordinate with the appropriate team to eliminate those issues.
- Verify that correct templates and checklists are available and used or prepared for use prior to project launch.
- Ensure that all deliverable content is in appropriate templates and styled correctly according to project specifications.
- Work with project managers to determine next steps.
- Maintain skills and familiarity with the most current edition of MS Word, and Adobe CC Suite.
- Communicate in a timely and effective manner to resolve questions and to ensure that errors are properly corrected.
- Perform other tasks as directed.
- Complete projects to meet deadlines.
- Use Sites and other document management sites for appropriate projects.
- 3+ years of related experience in publishing with a focus on production, preflight, quality control, or project coordination work highly preferred
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud (specifically InCopy and InDesign), project management/tracking platforms and SharePoint or other document management programs
- In-depth knowledge of printing, binding, standard and non-standard book formats/techniques, and industry standard specifications
- Strong communication, customer services, and interpersonal skills (written and verbal)
- Exceptional problem-solving skills related to prepress (i.e., figuring out what’s wrong and recommending how to correct it)
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Ability to adapt quickly in the dynamic, ever-evolving environment of publishing
- Attention to detail
- The ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
Minimum Education Required