145 West 28th Street
JOB TITLE: Program and Development Associate
JOB TYPE: Regular, Full Time
FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt, 35 hours per week
REPORTS TO: Program Manager and Executive Director
Intersections International is dedicated to building respectful relationships among diverse individuals and communities to forge common ground and develop strategies that promote justice, reconciliation and peace. Founded in 2007, Intersections is a multi-faith, multicultural, global social justice ministry of the Collegiate Church of New York, the oldest corporation in North America, dating back to 1628. We use our deep roots to take the long view of social transformation. For more information visit us at intersections.org.
At Intersections International, which has consultative status at the United Nations (UN), we envision a time when our distinct identities no longer incite division, discrimination, destruction and despair. We envision a just world – united in diversity, a world in which human differences serve to advance connection, equality, respect and social protection for all people.
Under the direction of the Executive Director and Program Manager, the Program and Development Associate will assist with 1) NGO activities, 2) development and advancement initiatives and projects, 3) miscellaneous administrative tasks and duties.
- Assist in creating proposals and reports, writing letters and creating promotional and fundraising materials.
- Assist in researching and identifying funding prospects and assist in initiating and developing prospective donor, corporation and foundation relationships.
- Assist in compiling and analyzing information about potential contributors to develop contact list.
- Copy edit outreach-related materials and other correspondence.
- Assist in maintaining organizational files and records.
- Work on the donor and organizational databases.
- Keep track of donations and compose thank you letters.
- Send out mailings through Salsa and U.S. mail.
- Perform administrative duties such as answering phone calls, scheduling meetings and conference calls; composing letters, emails and other correspondence.
- Assists Executive Director in managing and preparing for Consistory and Governing Board meetings.
- Attend UN ECOSOC/Civil Society meetings.
- Participate in conferences.
- Complete registrations for conferences/events.
- Update grounds pass badges for employees.
- Keep track of opportunities for involvement with UN.
- Manage relationships with potential partners/nonprofits/individuals with whom Intersections collaborates.
- Schedule phone calls and meetings for ongoing projects.
- Participate in, and engage in all aspects of planning social service and humanitarian trips.
- Research organizations, communicate with executive directors, make travel arrangements, itinerary, etc.
- Order office supplies.
- Write and post blogs to website.
- Research background for ongoing projects/program development.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Experience with faith-based organizations a plus.
- Excellent written communications skills and the ability to inspire the respect and confidence of stakeholders, fundraising prospects, foundation professionals and trustees.
- Must possess a professional and resourceful style and the ability to take initiative and manage multiple tasks and projects at the same time.
- Experience with current trends in social media and demonstrable understanding of digital platforms and content.
- Detail-oriented and be able to work well on deadline.
- Self-starter who is well-organized and who displays confidence, knowledge and a commitment to social justice.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to establish rapport and build relationships with people of diverse backgrounds.
Minimum Education Required