PAVE Academy Charter School is a public charter school in Red Hook, Brooklyn, NY that prepares Kindergarten to 8th-grade students to thrive in competitive high schools and four-year colleges. PAVE provides its students with a rigorous academic program and a community built on the organization’s core values of Perseverance, Achievement, Vibrance, and Excellent Character (PAVE).
Founded in 2008, PAVE’s college preparatory school model prepares students to gain access to the competitive high schools that will place them on a path of expanded opportunities, and empower them to access lives of choice. PAVE educates 490 Kindergarten – 8th-grade scholars each school year. Across our student population, 87 percent of our students are eligible for the Free and Reduced Lunch Program (FRLP); 23 percent are students with special needs, and 10 percent are English Language Learners (ELL).
PAVE Academy Charter School uses data to inform school model shifts, track student progress, inform curricular design, continuously improve instruction, and draw insight from feedback provided by the PAVE community . Data is at the core of our approach to ensuring that we meet the unique needs of our students so that they can thrive. The Achievement & Critical Data Manager will own, manage, maintain, and distribute student achievement and school-wide data to support the school’s teachers and leaders. This position reports to the Director of Operations and is based in Red Hook, Brooklyn.
How You’ll Contribute
- Continuously drive and support the following within the school:
- Data based decision making
- Efficiency of data collection, analysis, and visualization
- Own and maintain PAVE’s performance data platforms: Illuminate; PowerSchool, Kickboard, and various Google Suite Documents
- Oversee the maintenance of internal trackers including ELA and Math Progress Monitoring Benchmark Dashboard, and Test Prep (Mastery) Tracker
- Collaborate with leadership to define and communicate expectations around data entry and revision for all PAVE stakeholders to ensure fidelity and data integrity
- Actively seek feedback from instructional leaders and execute improvements to PAVE’s data collection
- Ensure all data is archived and easily accessible
- Create detailed documentation of existing and new/updated systems related to data creation, maintenance, and use
- Gather, organize, and submit PAVE’s compliance requirements, including data reporting to SUNY, SED, NYCDOE, USDOE, and other stakeholders
- Complete all necessary school-wide duties for the successful and orderly functioning of the school and other such duties as the Director of Operations may from time to time request
- Maintain and monitor tracking of all compliance requirements
- Lead the planning and execution of internal and New York State assessment logistics which includes:
- Attending relevant training and turn-keying that information for staff members
- Facilitating assessment planning meetings with the Senior Leadership Team
- Owning assessment logistics including staff communication, supply ordering and organization, printing and scanning answer sheets.
- Take ownership of existing data reporting templates and visualizations, making improvements independently and in response to feedback
- Populate and distribute accessible data reports on a schedule established in collaboration with instructional leaders, including:
- Annual NY State Exam results
- Reading level assessments
- Three annual Interim Assessments (ELA and Math)
- Monthly School Health Dashboard for Boards of Trustees
- Ongoing benchmark updates across specific grades and other cohorts
- Student behavior
- With members of the school and network leadership team, design, build and maintain distinct data dashboards for use by teachers, school leaders, and Trustees
- Provide thoughtful and concise summaries of trends to inform instructional decision-making by leadership
- Serve as primary troubleshooting support to PAVE’s users of data and student remote learning platforms
- Serve as primary troubleshooting support for student devices (iPads and chromebooks)
- Own relationships with data platform and student remote learning vendors, including seeking technical support, providing feedback, implementing updates and data migrations, and reviewing/renewing contracts
- In partnership with instructional leadership, identify patterns/trends in academic data and report those findings to the school and network leadership team for further analysis
- Train and support staff on how to use data management platforms
What You’ll Bring to the Team
- A strong commitment to PAVE’s mission and vision
- An uncompromising belief that all students can learn
- A relentless work ethic, a high degree of patience, and grit to push through difficult challenges
- Strong project management and data analysis skills with the ability to efficiently manage multiple projects and deadlines, work across departments and functions, and translate strategies from plans to action
- High energy with the ability to multi-task and execute quickly
- Proven emotional constancy (i.e. ability to remain poised under pressure)
- Ability to manage myriad relationships, facilitate collaboration across functional departments and provide counsel to senior leaders
- Expertise in managing and manipulating data
- Clear and positive communication
- Fluency with Google Apps, Microsoft Office, Tableau, Illuminate, PowerSchool, and other technology and project management software
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Fluent in Spanish preferred
Our Core Values
Perseverance: We believe that reflection and refinement is key towards continuously growing and improving. We give and receive direct feedback and hold each other accountable. We are solutions minded, positive and allow ourselves to be vulnerable as we persevere to get better.
Achievement: We set ambitious goals and work relentlessly to attain them. We understand the key to student academic growth is great teaching; we obsess over the art and science of teaching timeless content well. We use data to drive all our decisions and measure our success.
Vibrance: We share gratitude with our colleagues, students and families. We recognize that complaining saps our collective strength and remain optimistic in the face of challenges. We focus on the joy of our practice and recognize the accomplishments of others. We believe that good humor and generosity of spirit are key to a positive culture.
Excellent Character: We always assume the best and take concerns to the source. We maintain emotional constancy and disciplined language in all situations. We treat all in our community with honesty, kindness, and respect. We sweat the small stuff in respect of our community, our space, and each other.
PAVE Schools, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.