53 W. Jackson Blvd
About All Stars
The All Stars Project transforms the lives of youth and poor communities using the developmental power of performance, in partnership with caring adults. All Stars is a fast-paced and entrepreneurial national nonprofit organization, founded 37 years ago, now reaching 20,000 inner-city youth and their families through innovative, free programs in six cities each year. All Stars raises $10 million in private funding annually from more than 4,000 individual, corporate and foundation supporters. We have a unique grassroots and relationship-oriented approach and model to fundraising.
Working in neighborhoods that have been hit the hardest by violence — the south and west sides — the All Stars Project of Chicago has touched the lives of more than 25,000 youth and families over the past 11 years. The business and philanthropic communities have stepped up with All Stars to address the city’s tough issues, and have launched a comprehensive campaign to establish a downtown center for Afterschool Development to connect our young people to the success of their city, and to caring adults who are their partners in growth.
The Program and Operations assistant joins a rapidly growing and dynamic staff team to support the continued extended impact of ASP of Chicago programs. The position assists the Program and Operations Manager in all operations, production, administrative and event functions of the office. This position reports to the Program and Operations Manager.
- Assist with projects in support of the ASP of Chicago including producing timelines, meeting and event materials; database entry and tracking; budgeting and reporting functions.
- Serve as production assistant for All Stars Talent Show Network, including keeping timeline on track to ensure that production needs are met in a timely manner; interface with ASP of Chicago outreach coordinator and volunteers.
- Track office inventory and prepare supplies requisitions; assist with IT administration; schedule and participate in basic office upkeep.
- Schedule staff meetings in relation to programming needs and events, prepare agendas
- Assist with updating website calendar with ASP of Chicago activities.
- Provide receptionist duties for the ASP of Chicago office; assist with communicating office procedures to staff and volunteers.
- Provide other administrative and project support as needed by Program and Operations Manager.
Essential Skills & Abilities:
· Proficient in MS Office suite.
· Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to lead teams.
· Demonstrated skill in planning and producing events on time and on budget
· Passion and commitment to working with youth and poor communities and interest in community organizing.
· Flexibility in schedule. Evenings and weekends are required for phone shifts, special events or other activities during peak season.
- Valid driver’s license preferred.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send cover letter and resume with minimum salary requirements to email@example.com. Please indicate “Program & Operations Assistant” in the subject line of your email for fastest consideration.