Who We Are:
Avenue is an award-winning non-profit organization dedicated to building affordable homes and strengthening communities. Avenue has been in existence for 27 years and offers competitive compensation plans and benefit programs.
Community and teamwork are critical to the success of Avenue. We are always looking for passionate, dedicated employees to help us continue the mission and positively impact the communities that we serve. For more information about what we do, please visit us at www.avenuecdc.org.
The Home Repair Navigator, working in close association with the Client Services Manager, assists and supports homeowners through the process of repairing their home. The Home Repair Navigator will be responsible for navigating the client through the home repair process from entry into repair/construction program to move-in ready. The Navigator’s ultimate role is to utilize tools related to housing recovery in order to facilitate progress through the home repair process and the completion of other program related tasks.
The Home Repair Navigator will perform a variety of duties and tasks with respect to program development and implementation including, but not limited to:
● Interface with clients and assist through the home repair process, addressing questions and concerns in a timely and professional manner.
● Develop an understanding of client’s needs to successfully advocate on behalf of client and connect to resources to address unmet needs.
● Work collaboratively with repair/construction team to ensure completion of project milestones and client satisfaction.
● Participate in coordination of volunteer project logistics and event day execution, as needed.
● Preparation of reports as required by the Client Services Manager and other Avenue staff members on client progress.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
● Bachelor degree and two-plus years in customer service field. Experience may be substituted for education.
● Excellent organizational skills. Ability to work independently and in as part of team on multiple tasks simultaneously.
● To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
● Bilingual capability (English/Spanish) preferred.
● Must have reliable transportation with a valid driver’s license.
What We Offer:
In addition to the opportunity for growth and meaningful work, Avenue offers a very generous benefit and paid leave package to all employees.
● Short Term Disability – 100% Employer Paid
● Long Term Disability – 100% Employer Paid
● Life Insurance and ADD – 100% Employer Paid
● 401k Plan with Employer Match
● Medical – 100% Employer Paid for Base Plan (four plans offered)*
*required to work average of 30 hours + per week to be eligible for this benefit
Avenue offers work/life balance through:
● Paid vacation for both part-time and full-time employees
● Sick Leave
● Holiday Pay
● Paid Parental Leave
To apply, please submit the following information via e-mail to email@example.com
- Cover letter that explains the following:
● How your skills and experience are relevant to advancing the tasks outlined for this position; and
● Include your salary requirements.
- Three (3) professional references with contact information
At this time, only e-mail applications will be accepted. No phone calls, please.
Avenue is an equal opportunity employer and al qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Level of Language Proficiency
English and Spanish
Minimum Education Required