Are you looking for the opportunity to use your skills and experience to help those who are in need? Bethesda Project has a great opportunity for you to use those skills to impact the lives of our residents and to be family to those who have none.
Bethesda Project permanent supportive housing sites house residents in Single Room Occupancy (SRO) units and provide social service supports to individuals with histories of drug and alcohol addiction and/or mental health issues. The Case Manager is responsible for working closely with the Program Coordinator and Residential Aide staff to ensure that the residents are safe and are making healthy choices.
Reports to: Program Coordinator
- Keep accurate hard copy files as necessary and maintain an online case file for each resident including: care plan, activity notes,signed lease, emergency contact sheet, completed assessments, and other necessary documentation.
- Supervise the administration of all house medications, including advocating with service providers, such as pharmacies and medical doctors, for refills and medical prescription plans.
- Initiate referrals to drug and alcohol, mental health, medical, and housing providers; Assist residents to maintain important relationships; Serve as an advocate between guests and resident and their service providers; Assist guests and residents in acquiring needed entitlements such as Social Security, SSI, DPA, VA benefits, and health insurance.
- Identify outside services and make appropriate referrals based on resident needs; Accompany guests and residents to critical appointments as needed; Assist guests and residents during times of crisis, anxiety, apprehension or confusion, offering appropriate aid and support.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited 4-year institution in Human Services, Counseling, Social Work or related field; required.
- At least one year of direct service experience to the homeless and /or mentally ill, and a strong understanding of homelessness, substance abuse and mental health issues, preferred.
- Computer literacy with proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent writing, organization and communication skills.
- Team oriented disposition.
F/T Benefits Package, Paid time-off, 403(b), and more!
Level of Language Proficiency
Spanish speaking, preferred.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply and submit your resume and salary requirements (Word or PDF Format only) via our website:
Applicants offered employment will undergo a Criminal History Report, reference and background checks and pre-employment testing (drug screen and/or physical examination).
We regret that we are unable to personally acknowledge receipt of employment inquiries due to the large number of submissions that we receive. No phone calls, please.
Thank you for your interest in Bethesda Project.
Bethesda Project is a non-profit human services provider that has been serving the Philadelphia community for over 39 years. Bethesda Project is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to workplace diversity. We offer competitive wages, benefits, and a 403(b) plan.