1102 West River Parkway
The Nature Conservancy is the leading conservation organization working to make a positive impact around the world in more than 70 countries, all 50 United States, and your community. Founded in 1951, the mission of The Nature Conservancy is to conserve the lands and waters on which all life depends. One of our core values is our commitment to diversity, therefore we are committed to a globally diverse and culturally competent workforce. Visit www.nature.org/aboutus to learn more.
Become a force for nature and a healthy planet by joining the Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota Chapter team.
The Nature Conservancy’s MN, ND, SD chapter seeks Conservation Administrative Assistant to provide a full range of administrative and/or program support to the Conservation Program of the Minnesota-North Dakota-South Dakota Chapter of The Nature Conservancy. Work will be based in the Conservancy’s Minneapolis office, and will support the Chapter’s Assistant State Director and a conservation program with staff located across the three states. Central to this position is managing and tracking administrative processes in Conservation, including meetings, travel, research permits, contracts, grants, and proposals, and procedures affecting the lands the Conservancy acquires, owns and manages. May serve as administrative backup for other departments. This is a part-time, 18-20 hours per week position and includes paid sick, holiday and vacation days.
· Associates Degree plus 1-year experience or equivalent combination;
· Experience managing diverse activities to meet deadlines;
· Experience providing administrative support, including some or all of the following: phones/customer service, mail distribution, office equipment maintenance, coordinating travel arrangements and meetings, and organizing electronic and paper files;
· Experience working and communicating in English with a wide range of people; and
· Experience writing, editing, and proofreading written materials.
· Multi-lingual skills and multi-cultural or cross-cultural experiences are appreciated;
· Ability to analyze available information for the purpose of preparing reports and solving problems;
· Database skills;
· Familiarity with standard business communications;
· Excellent customer service skills and focus; and/or
· Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
If you have a personal passion for conserving and protecting the natural world with a belief in the mission, principles, and values of The Nature Conservancy’s approach to conservation, and want to receive great benefits, including paid vacation, sick and holidays, a 401K retirement savings plan, health and dental insurance plus more, then please visit http://www.nature.org/careers to learn more and read the full position description. Submit your cover letter and resume for position number 46935 by 11:59 PM Eastern Time on November 2, 2018.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of people of all genders, diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority, and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.