Director of Development; Community Engagement
- Job posted by The Junior State of America Foundation (JSA)
Details: Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
Overview of the Role
As JSA’s Director of Development; Community Engagement, you will be the primary contributor to designing, piloting, and growing JSA’s dynamic and exciting Community Engagement model nationally. You will work closely with the Chief Development Officer and collaborate extensively with the program staff to engage a diverse group of community volunteers and donors—particularly alumni and corporate groups. Through relationship building, community organizing, resource sharing and direct engagement, you will establish a network of volunteer teams who commit to metric driven goals in the realms of local civic engagement and fundraising. These civic teams will be an important fundraising and awareness tool for JSA. You will have a unique opportunity to lead this new and exciting component of the organization.
• Recruit volunteers to start or join a civic team--with the goals of advocating, fundraising, and taking civic action on behalf of JSA
• Meaningfully engage JSA’s robust alumni network in JSA programs, fundraising, and advocacy
• Work with corporate leaders to meaningfully engage their employees in JSA’s mission and to immerse with our students • Facilitate meaningful interactions that build authentic relationships between community volunteers and allows them to personally contribute time/energy to advancing JSA’s mission
• Educate volunteers about JSA’s mission and impact while aiding them in developing the necessary skills to contribute to our movement.
• Equip volunteers with technology and strategy that assists them with raising funds to sponsor JSA programming
• Provide community volunteers with direct opportunities to collaborate alongside students in our programs in meaningful ways, thus being exposed to the impact their fundraising generates.
• Distribute responsibility and ownership over outcomes to volunteers through organizational transparency and resource sharing.
• Celebrate the achievement of community volunteers throughout the year and during special events.
• Meet aggressive quarterly fundraising targets and accurately forecast cash flow
• Earnest and sincere commitment to JSA’s mission and values;
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant field required, a Master’s degree preferred;
• 5 + years of nonprofit fundraising and/or sales;
• Non-profit leadership experience and strong organizational skills;
• Demonstrated success in written and verbal communication. Effective public speaking skills are a must;
• Results oriented, strategic thinker and problem solver
• Must be a consummate relationship manager, dynamic communicator and excited about working with people of diverse backgrounds—from youth to corporate executives;
• Inspired to make a difference in the lives of a diverse range of community members through civic engagement and fundraising;
• Have a proven track record in community organizing, campaigning and fundraising;
• Possess high-energy, creativity and a proven innate entrepreneurial spirit;
• A team player and collaborator able to demonstrate flexibility with a positive and enthusiastic attitude;
• The ability and desire to work effectively in a fast-paced, team environment;
• Strong project management skills, ability to successfully execute multiple, simultaneous projects on time with quality results and consistently meet tight deadlines;
• Experience with event management.
• Experience tracking communication and donor activity in a CRM, preferably Salesforce
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive annual compensation, commensurate with experience, and by an extensive benefits package that includes paid time off; compensatory time off; Employee Assistance Program; medical, dental and vision benefits; and a commitment to individual growth and professional development.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply: Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org