28 W. 23rd st
Girls Who Code’s Community Partner Manager will manage community, school, and university partnerships across the country to ensure our programs are reaching diverse girls in communities nationwide, while building relationships with key institutions to help our programs scale. Reporting directly to the Director of Community and Volunteer Recruitment, the ideal candidate has experience building and delivering high-impact community and school partnerships, and thrives in a fast-paced environment. She/he brings experience working with educational programs in an out of school setting and a passion for educating students at scale.
The successful candidate has at least three (3) years of demonstrated experience working with community organizations, in account management or recruitment.
- Manage a portfolio of local and national community partners (ex. schools, libraries, universities, school districts, community organizations
- Develop understanding of the work of each community partner and the communities they serve
- Educate community partners around GWC programmatic opportunities
- Support and manage community partners in marketing, communication and outreach in order to recruit participants
- Create and manage recruitment materials, in collaboration with Marketing
- Develop a pipeline of Summer Immersion Program applicants from community partner portfolio
- Provide support to community partner contacts during program application process (recruitment, application and onboarding)
- Follow and report on Community partner students who were recruited and accepted as needed (i.e. progress, any issues that arise)
- Provide closure/final impact report (general programmatic outcomes and snapshots of the experience)
- Develop community partner portfolio for Club sponsors and facilitator recruitment
- Recruit Club sponsors and facilitators through community partnerships
- Provide programmatic support and relationship management to host sites and sponsors
- Provide application status reports to community partners
- Renew and grow partnerships year-over-year
- Identify areas of alignment between GWC programming and partner programming interest
- In collaboration with the Director of Community and Volunteer Recruitment, create and disseminate annual reports to community partners.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3+ years prior experience in recruitment, business development, partner management or youth development preferred
- Experience navigating school systems preferred
- Track record of successfully managing growing teams and long-term partnerships
- Detail-oriented with superb organizational skills a must
- Thrives in fast-paced environment; able to work effectively under pressure to meet tight deadlines and goals
- Desire to learn and grow as part of a small organization; team player with a flexible, creative, and analytical approach to problem solving
- Successful track record in setting priorities, shaping processes, and executing quickly and effectively
- Demonstrated experience with problem solving and creative management of multiple issues at once
- Knowledge of and/or interest in computer science, technology, and/or education preferred
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, maturity, positivity and confidence
- Commitment to Girls Who Code’s mission
Girls Who Code is committed to building a truly diverse and inclusive organization with a focus on valuing, serving, and understanding our target constituents, while challenging all stakeholders to think inclusively for the betterment of our programs.
Girls Who Code is an equal opportunity employer committed to a policy of equal treatment and opportunity in every aspect of its hiring and promotion process without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, partnership status, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital, parental or familial status, national origin, ethnicity, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, age, disability, or any other legally protected basis. Racial and ethnic minorities and men are encouraged to apply for vacant positions at all levels.
Minimum Education Required