- Contribute to the development and execution of content marketing and program communication and promotion plans, including email marketing, social media marketing, and other campaigns.
- Collaborate with the M&C team, as well as other organizational teams to develop and produce engaging content and messaging for VentureWell website, social media, and email.
- Use marketing automation and analytics to track and measure marketing and content engagement and contribute to reports to internal stakeholders.
- Role-specific responsibilities:
- focus on Content Marketing: writes and edits articles for the blog and newsroom, often requiring translating complex concepts for a general audience; contributes to editorial planning and strategy; writes and produces weekly and monthly email newsletters; collaborates with graphic design and web production to produce blog/newsroom articles.
- focus on Program Marketing: writes, schedules, and produces social media content and program marketing email, including monthly events & opportunities email newsletter; manages social media calendar; contributes to social media strategy; collaborates with graphic design and web production to produce social media and email content.
- Bachelor’s Degree; coursework in communications, marketing, writing/journalism is ideal; an equivalent combination of education, training, and professional experience will also be considered
- Work experience in marketing communications, 3-5 years of related professional experience is preferred; experience in higher education, nonprofits, or startup incubator/accelerator, or agency work with these sectors is ideal; passion for science and technology is a plus
- Experience using email marketing to communicate with audiences, including using marketing email lists and email automation
- Experience developing and scheduling marketing messages on social media, in coordination with messaging on other digital channels
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with people across differences, including race, sex, or class, through positive behaviors and attitudes
- Excellent communication skills, especially writing, copywriting, and editing; ability to tailor writing for different audiences and audience segments
- Superior project management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Experience with Wordpress and CRM and marketing automation tools such as Salesforce and Pardot, HubSpot, Marketo, or similar; high degree of comfort learning and using digital tools and applications
In addition to the above position-specific requirements, all VentureWell staff are expected to:
- Be able to succeed and thrive in an environment with competing and changing priorities and tight deadlines
- Have a track record of, and ability to build, solid, collaborative working relationships; and are strong team players who enjoy a “customer service” orientation to collaboration
- Be committed to embedding equity in our internal practices and culture and in our programs in order to live and achieve our mission
- Bring openness and engagement to personal, professional, and organization-wide learning on race, class, gender, justice, and equity
- Be self-starters with strong attention to detail and a commitment to delivering high quality work
- Be active learners who independently learn new tools and work processes quickly
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills