Job Description: Data Management Coordinator
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: HerStory Senior Manager and other Program Initiative leaders as hired
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Oversee the collection of program data across sites and Global GLOW programs, including HerStory, Healthy GLOW and planned initiatives for 2019. This includes tracking, database entry and organization of demographic and outcomes-related data and forms
- Analyze and report on program outcomes and impact data, for both internal and external audiences
- Research and publish reports that integrate data to define the need for our work and support our theory of change
- Work with HerStory Senior Manager, and other program initiative leaders as hired, to collect program data from all sites and manage entry of that data into databases
- Ensure that accurate, up-to-date reports are available for staff
- Create and publish annual and post-event outcome reports to internal and external audiences
- With guidance, make recommendations for the use of data for enhanced communications and development
- Support the Communications and Development team to create quarterly marketing analytics reports and other marketing analysis as needed
- Work as a resource for Communications and Development teams, to provide data and information to communicate need and the impact
Data Organization and Operations
- Ensure organizational data, information and files are systematically organized and that the team as a whole understands and maintains the organizational system
- Act as the lead in maintaining and managing the database system for Global G.L.O.W.
- Develop and publish monthly reports to all staff and Glocal GLOW leadership with key facts and data about our programming and impact.
- Develop and publish quarterly or bi-annual impact reports to the Communications and Development team to provide content to support Global GLOW’s Communications and Development efforts.
- Work closely with the leadership team and the Global GLOW Communications Manager to develop and publish annual reports for the the organization.
- Provide additional reports as needed.
Essential Functions & Abilities
Ø Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times
Ø Reading Comprehension — Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
Ø Speaking — Talking to others to convey information effectively
Ø Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
Ø Mathematics — Using mathematics to solve problems
Ø Oral Comprehension — The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
Ø Written Comprehension — The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
Ø Written Expression — The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand
Ø Mathematical Reasoning — The ability to choose the right mathematical methods or formulas to solve a problem
Ø Near Vision — The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
Desired Background and Personal Attributes
Ø Bachelor’s Degree preferred, Associate Degree required from an accredited college or university
Ø Demonstrated commitment to Global G.L.O.W.’s mission and core values, while developing and maintaining respect and harmony with diverse employees and management
Ø Ability to input, manage, interpret, and analyze diverse data and to work collaboratively and independently to achieve stated goals.
Ø Ability to develop and maintain excellent working relationships with employees, prospective customers and vendors while exercising initiative in organizing and completing assigned tasks according to established guidelines.
Ø Demonstrated strong oral and written communications skills, including in email correspondence, written reports, presentations and in-person meetings.
Ø Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions while applying common sense understanding to carry out instructions in written or oral form.
Ø Demonstrated understanding of issues and challenges affecting women and girls locally, nationally and internationally
Ø Propensity to work with high energy, a high degree of initiative and from a positive perspective while maintaining flexibility and attention to detail
Ø Excellent computer skills and knowledge of spreadsheets, design programs, and database programs
Ø An ability to work effectively as part of a team and an interest in building a strong organizational culture
Global G.L.O.W is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- $300 monthly contribution to individual medical plan (option Dental/Vision cover by employee)
- Competitive salary
- Flexible full time work schedule that allows for work/ life balance
- Accrual of 10 Vacation Days
- Accrual of 7 sick days per year
- 8 company holidays
- 401(k) plan
Minimum Education Required