530 E Main St Ste 600
Equality Virginia seeks a full-time staff person to support the organization’s Trans Visibility Initiative (TVI). The TVI Program Coordinator will serve as a resource for Virginia’s transgender communities and work collaboratively with Equality Virginia’s Deputy Director to support the mission and function of Equality Virginia. The overarching goals of this initiative are to elevate transgender visibility statewide and to grow the leadership capabilities of transgender Virginians. This initiative will create a critical mass of transgender individuals, family members, and allies who will take collective action in a variety of advocacy efforts at both the state and local levels.
Overview of Duties:
- Lead the Capacity Building Program (CBP), and provide regional trans-led groups with the tools and resources needed to meet internal benchmarks and goals.
- Manage the Transgender Advocacy Speakers Bureau (TASB) members and coordinate community conversations across the state.
- Support the preparation and operation of the Transgender Information and Empowerment Summit (TIES) and regional Trans Pop-up Clinics.
- Build and cultivate dynamic relationships with a variety of stakeholders across the state.
- Collaborate with the Deputy Director to connect community members with advocacy opportunities that advance Equality Virginia’s legislative priorities.
- Work closely with the Deputy Director to monitor, analyze, and report on programs and outcomes.
- Keep updated records and follow grant requirements.
- Assist the EV team with major events including Prides, Day of Action, and the Commonwealth Dinner.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of LGBT identities, including binary and non-binary identities, and the unique barriers experienced by the transgender community.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to write clearly and speak in public.
- Ability to work both independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to establish priorities.
- Consistent follow-through when corresponding with community members, families, and volunteers.
- Proficiency with MS Office, email, and Google Drive.
- Flexibility and the willingness to respond to changing circumstances and expectations.
- Reliable transportation and the ability to travel overnight at least once a month.
- Work evenings and weekends as needed.
Equality Virginia believes that diversity among our teammates is critical to our success as a statewide organization, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. Equality Virginia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender individuals.
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, and vision, plus a 401k and a professional development stipend.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and three professional references to email@example.com, attention to Vee Lamneck. Note "Application: Program Coordinator" in the subject of the email. Applications must be received by Tuesday, April 17, 2018. All submissions must be received by 5:00 PM on the deadline. No submissions will be accepted after this point. Submit in digital format only, PDF preferred. Tentative start date is May 16, 2018.