2711 Beverly Boulevard
The Administrative Program Coordinator will be responsible for administrative and clerical support and coordination of travel and meeting arrangements, report preparation, partner relations, outreach materials, and documentation for Payroll, HR, Accounting, and Purchasing. This individual must possess strong computer and internet research skills, the desire to thrive in a fast-paced environment, and ability to manage multiple priorities. This position interfaces with internal personnel at all levels of the organization, as well as a diverse group of important external contacts and community-based organizations, in support of multiple GEAR UP programs at YPI. This individual will need to be organized, flexible, personable, and able to create and maintain systems and protocols. The individual will be asked to travel between various school sites and offices to ensure proper program support and implementation.
- Maintain and manage sensitive information with considerable use of tact, diplomacy, discretion, and judgment
- Provide comprehensive administrative support to Directors and Management team
- Develop and maintain detailed project schedules and timelines, including logistical coordination of program meetings and training sessions
- Maintain Director and Program calendars and document libraries through Microsoft Office 365
- Support and train staff on use and navigation of online collaboration tools
- Support with purchasing and receiving processes, in collaboration with Supply and Inventory Coordinator, including but not exclusive to: processing purchase orders and invoices, tracking and taking inventory on technology and equipment, distributing supplies to staff, and communicating and coordinating with vendors and partners
- Track program expenditures and match documentation
- Prepare and/or edit meeting minutes, presentations, memos, letters, agenda, reports, and data
- Ensure adherence to internal and external grant deadlines
- Maintain and update all program and grant documents (hard and soft copies)
- Answer inquiries (email/voice) from various staff and partners regarding program/grant
- Liase with partners, suppliers, clients, and other staff
- Read and analyze incoming memos, requests, and reports to determine significance and communication plan
- Prepare responses to correspondence containing routine inquiries
- Perform general office duties such as ordering supplies, maintaining document management systems, submitting check requisitions and reimbursements, distributing checks and supplies, and reviewing and submitting timesheets
- Coordinates arrangements for travel reservations and appointments
- Operate a variety of general office equipment
- Interact and coordinate among other administrative staff around aligned projects
- Travel between Greater Los Angeles-area (San Fernando Valley, Hollywood, and Pico-Union) school sites and offices
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma required; college degree strongly preferred
- At least 3 years of related experience, preferably in a non-profit, social service, or school setting
- High degree of professionalism and ability to handle sensitive information
- Excellent knowledge of PC and Mac platforms and Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Excellent ability to manage calendars and file storage systems
- Effective interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Self-starter with the willingness to take initiative
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and exercise good judgment
- Strong ability in planning, prioritizing, and organizing diverse workload
- Knowledge of school district structures, operations, and dynamics preferred
- Must pass a criminal background check (Live Scan fingerprinting) prior to beginning employment.
- Must present proof of being free of active Tuberculosis (TB) prior to beginning employment. All TB clearances must be conducted no more than 60 days prior to start of employment.
- Must have access to reliable transportation. If applicable, will be required to provide proof of current California driver license, acceptable driving record (current DMV H6 printout), and current liability auto insurance.
YPI is an equal opportunity employer.
- Agency sponsored medical, dental, and vision coverage with percentage of paid premium for employee. Eligible dependents can also obtain coverage at an additional cost to the employee.
- Employer paid life insurance.
- Employer paid Employee Assistant Program.
- Option to participate in AFLAC.
- 401K retirement plan with up to 4% deferral matching profit sharing on contributions for all eligible employees.
- Thirteen annually paid holidays.
- Paid vacation and sick time off.
- Agency-issued laptop and case.
- Option to have company-issued cell phone or agency will pay monthly allowance to use your own phone for YPI business for eligible positions.
- Reimbursement of all mileage and travel costs.
- Access to training resources and materials.
- Monthly well-being challenges.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please complete our online application here: