1395 Lexington Avenue
92Y is seeking an experienced Social Worker to be the Director of the Himan Brown Senior Program, one of New York City’s premier senior centers. Serving more than 650 adults aged 60+, the Center fosters the intellectual, physical and spiritual pursuits of its members, encouraging lifelong learning, wellness and community. The Director will be accountable for the programming, fiscal and administrative success of the Center, delivering an innovative program that meets the needs of its senior members. Through strategic leadership, the Director will ensure the sustained growth of the Himan Brown Program and will oversee the daily operations of the Center.
Responsible for overseeing the delivery of classes and special events for a year-round, weekday, daytime senior program, the successful candidate will have:
- Masters of Social Work (MSW) from an accredited university and a current New York State license in Social work (either LMSW or LCSW);
- 10+ years of working with seniors within a community based setting, including extensive geriatric social work experience;
- An ability to provide direct services to both individuals and family members, and interface with community based organizations;
- Must have extensive network within the geriatric social services community and have the ability to make effective referrals; and
- Strong organizational, verbal and written skills along with demonstrated project management experience.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To express your interest in this position, please make an application through our Careers Page here: https://external-92y.icims.com/jobs/1520/director%2c-himan-brown-senior-program/job?mode=view