Details: Starting at $30,000, comensurate with experience
6135 Woodward Ave.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Double Up Food Bucks Program Coordinator will be responsible for providing general program support to the Double Up Food Bucks program team. This team member will report to the Double Up Food Bucks Director, Kellie Boyd.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Identify and respond to program needs as identified by members of the Double Up Food Bucks team and staff members of Fair Food Network
- Prepare and summarize information for presentations and reports for Fair Food Network administered programs
- Respond to requests for program information for Fair Food Network administered programs
- Assist in the writing of the programmatic portions of grant reports and proposals
- Assist Retail Specialist, Charles Walker with training grocery store cashiers and managers about implementation of the Double Up Food Bucks program
- Serve as a liaison to the Michigan Farmers Market Association (MIFMA) to include: review and approval of market applications and contracts, process market check requests and troubleshoot application and contract questions
- Coordinate and participate in monthly MIFMA/FFN meetings
- In conjunction with MIFMA, update Double Up Food Bucks PowerPoint presentations and present information in farmers market trainings and webinars
- Participate in statewide outreach events in the community promoting the Double Up Food Bucks program to community partners and participants
- Conduct Double Up Food Bucks presentations to community organizations and potential participants
- Coordinate dissemination of external facing communications to diverse stakeholders including funders, partners, SNAP recipients, policy-makers, and general public
- Coordinate logistics for team meetings and events
- Share program experiences or observations with Double Up Food Bucks team based on participant input and time in the field
- Provide back-up support for the Double Up Food Bucks hotline and Double Up Food Bucks information email account
WHO YOU ARE:
- Analytical – You like digging into the details, managing data and working with spreadsheets
- Quality Focused — You get a sense of satisfaction from producing high-quality, accurate work. You pay attention to the details without losing sight of the bigger picture.
- Process Oriented – You are proactive and look for efficiencies in the way you execute and like to understand the “why” as well as the “how” in the work that needs to be completed.
- Effective Communicator — You are an exceptional communicator who is able to convey, sometimes complex, multi-step information to team members.
- Adaptable Teammate — You enjoy being part of a fast-paced, collaborative team. You adapt to changing priorities and juggle multiple assignments with ease.
- Mission-driven — You are inspired by Fair Food Network’s mission and want to contribute your professional skills to advance our work.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
This is an entry level role and we are looking for candidates early in their careers looking to learn and grow.
- Functional Experience - experience working with low-income communities and people of diverse backgrounds
- Experience in or working knowledge of food system issues preferred, but not required
- Commitment to FFN’s vision and mission and ability to discuss mission alignment
- Attention to Detail - Strong analytical, organizational and administrative skills with acute attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and team-building skills - demonstrated leadership in building a collaborative and positive team culture
- Ability to speak authentically about the program with and to our participants, partners and volunteers
- Proven written and public speaking proficiency as position requires updating written presentations, responding to program requests both written and verbally and making community presentations on the Double Up Food Bucks program
- Self-Directed - the ability to work proactively, managing multiple priorities, problem solve and workflow independently
- Proficiency in Outlook and Microsoft Office
Fair Food Network’s hiring process for this role is rigorous and may be different from other hiring practices you have encountered before. We will not ask for a traditional cover letter. We focus on each candidate’s demonstrated fit for the position. We evaluate candidates primarily through written exercises and trial project. This serves a dual purpose of providing candidates a taste our work and our recruitment team insight into whether a candidate possesses the skills and competencies that are a prerequisite to success in our organization.
Our hiring process includes these steps:
- Written application for initial screening; résumé submitted
- 30-minute phone interview assess fit and answer candidate’s questions
- 4-hour trial project to be completed on your own timeline
- Half-day in-person interview with additional members of Fair Food Network staff including a member of our executive team
- Reference checks
- Offer issued
We are committed to transparency throughout this process. We understand interviewing can be stressful and aim to minimize that stress and uncertainty. To give you a sense of timing, steps two through six above typically take three to five weeks.
WHY THIS ROLE IS FOR YOU:
Our compensation is competitive with national industry averages and dependent on experience; the starting salary for this position begins around $30,000. Fair Food Network offers a generous benefits package including full health benefits, a 401K match, family leave, an open PTO policy, and professional development opportunities.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
HOW TO APPLY:
Please complete the brief application questions via the application form here. Candidates are able to display interest on an ongoing basis but please do so by Midnight EST on Sunday, August 12th at the latest.
We are currently seeking candidates for our Ann Arbor or Detroit office.
If you have any questions about the role, please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to getting to know you!