80 Broad Street
Position: Associate Director of Marketing & Communications
Department: MISSION DELIVERY
Reports to: Chief Program Officer
Status: Full time, Exempt
Location: New York City (YSC National Office)
Start Date: July 2, 2018
Based in New York City with staff across the United States and a national volunteer corps, Young Survival Coalition (YSC) is the premier global organization dedicated to the critical issues unique to young women diagnosed with breast cancer. YSC offers resources, connections and outreach so women feel supported, empowered and hopeful during one of the most challenging experiences of their lives. For more information visit www.youngsurvival.org
The Associate Director of Marketing and Communications (ADMC) is a strategy-minded individual responsible for overseeing YSC brand and voice consistency, and creating and ensuring quality external organization communications. This position partners closely within the Mission Delivery as well as with the Development department. The ADMC creates and implements integrated communications and marketing programs and strategies to engage, educate and activate target audiences about YSC’s work and issues related to young women with breast cancer, with the overarching goal of ensuring YSC’s brand and materials are impactful and remain relevant. This includes executing merchandise and giveaway program.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
● Overall oversight and project management for YSC’s brand and design projects. Works closely with the Chief Program Officer to create and enhance marketing initiatives that achieve the organization’s goals.
● Execution of an integrated and cohesive marketing and communications plan that spreads throughout the entire organization.
● Develop tactics to ensure smooth and effective execution of marketing and communication projects.
● Serve as a thought leader in the changing patterns of information and content engagement, survivorship needs and communication.
● Manage the Associate Marketing & Communications Manager on specific projects, including coaching, mentoring and providing constructive feedback.
● Strategic Planning:
● Conduct a year-long assessment of current MarCom strategies
● Using learnings from the assessment, build a new, comprehensive marketing plan for YSC and its child brands
● Project Management:
● Ensures communication and marketing initiatives launch on brand, time and within budget.
● Manages team of freelance designers, production firms, copywriter, event photographers and distribution vendor – along with management of budgets, distribution and delivery of all marketing projects.
● Provides regular, strategic project updates and measures initiative/event outcomes vs. objectives, providing evaluation reports and recommendations to the Chief Program Officer.
● Merchandise Management:
● Execute merchandise plan to generate revenue, engage constituents and build the YSC brand.
● Determines appropriate merchandise giveaway support for internal teams.
This position requires a strategic, results-driven professional with a proven track record of translating overall business and marketing strategies into concrete goals, tactics and project plans for successful execution across multiple marketing platforms. Must be a strategic, creative, innovative thinker/leader who can bring a strong business sensibility to work effectively in a highly-collegial and collaborative environment.
● Requires a Bachelor’s degree preferably in marketing or communications and 5 - 8 years related experience with a minimum 4 years demonstrated success in leading related initiatives from concept to completion.
● Excellent writing and editing skills are a must.
● Excellent time management and organizational skills, including ability to accurately gauge project duration, deliver on deadlines and manage a workload with possible conflicting priorities.
● Strong knowledge of marketing strategy and best practices
● An eye for good design.
● Experienced in building and managing successful teams in the marketing/branding/communications areas.
● Knowledge of merchandise management and revenue generation a plus.
● Ability to think strategically and suggest creative solutions in-line with business objectives.
● Demonstrated mature business judgment and ability to drive complex or difficult decisions within an organization.
● Ability to draw business objectives and manage expectations of internal customers.
● Strong communication, analytical and interpersonal skills.
● Ability to thrive in a demanding environment, requiring high degree of deadline-driven productivity, commitment, adaptability, communication, initiative and follow-through.
● Understanding of and developing passion for YSC’s mission.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Young Survival Coalition is an equal opportunity employer.
Please send your resume and a thoughtful cover letter, including salary requirements outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications for this position and stating how you heard about this opportunity to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Associate Director of Marketing” in the subject line.
No phone calls please. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Due to the high volume of submissions, YSC will contact only candidates invited to interview. Applications without salary requirements will not be considered. Thank you for your interest.