The Exchange Visitor Sponsorship Team provides J-1 visa sponsorship to educational and research institutions, corporate partners, libraries, museums, not-for-profit and other similar organizations. IIE provides J-1 visa sponsorship to several thousand exchange visitors from over 150 countries at over 1,000 host sites annually. The Coordinator, Exchange Visa Sponsorship supports a fast-moving team that provides visa sponsorship services to all of IIE’s exchange visitors.
- Works with External Relationship Partner on setting up records, producing documents for contracts and invoicing via a mail merge process for IIE Visa Sponsorship programs. May support other teams during peak times or as needed.
- Processes invoices and incoming payments; and works with financial manager on various projects.
- Coordinates mailing process for all DS-2019s delivered to exchange visitors overseas as well as in country
- Processes proof of enrollment documents that exchange visitors submit via the self-service portal and updates IIE databases with exchange visitor address changes within established turnaround times
- Supports setup of mass communications and preparation of communication materials
Education and Work Experience:
- Requires an Associate's degree and at least two years of related work experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Good organization skills with high attention to detail.
- Ability to work on and prioritize multiple tasks, work well under pressure, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality for sensitive departmental issues.
- Good written and verbal communication skills with strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suites.
Work Conditions & Physical Demands:
Essential functions are performed in a general office setting with low noise. Job demands may require long periods of sitting; telephone work and/or computer work, as well as interactions with other team members and external stakeholders. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. IIE is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Minimum Education Required