7078 Airlie Road
Rainforest Trust seeks an experienced and successful Major Gift Officer to join a growing development department that aims to exceed the organization’s already ambitious fundraising goals. The candidate will have demonstrated success closing four and five figure gifts preferably in the field of conservation.
The Major Gift Officer will have direct fundraising responsibilities towards achieving the overall development and operational goals for Rainforest Trust. The Major Gift Officer will work closely with a multi-disciplinary team across the organization in creating and implementing strategies for the ongoing identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of a portfolio of major gift prospects and current donors. S/He will collaborate and engage with fundraising partners throughout the organization, including board and senior staff to advance relationships with prospects and supporters.
This position reports to the Director of Philanthropy, Donor Operations.
Responsibilities and duties:
· Defining and implementing coordinated strategy for cultivation and nurturing of individual donors at assigned levels to increase giving that meets organizational goals
· Implementing approach and strategy to cultivate and retain major donors to increase revenue in line with organization’s goals
· Building relationships with donors and creating opportunities to expand giving
· Coordinating with data to ensure proper use and updates to Charity Engine
· Assisting Rainforest Trust leadership with portfolio management and execution
· Supporting execution of special donor events
· Supporting the development of annual departmental strategy and goals
· Representing Rainforest Trust in meetings with donors throughout the country
· Writing such copy as proposals, reports, updates, donor profiles, etc.
· Coordinating with other Rainforest Trust teams (Conservation, Communications) as needed to ensure on-time product delivery
· Additional duties as assigned
Level of Language Proficiency
· Bachelor's degree, masters preferred
· Interest in conservation, preferred
· Experience in managing and tracking multiple projects and deadlines
· Experience in building long term, authentic relationships with constituents
· Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to positively influence and persuade
· Ability to work independently, as well as with a team that has diverse responsibilities
· Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills; must be able to interact and communicate with all levels of individual donors
Minimum Education Required