Position: Impact Monitoring & Learning Associate
Location: Southeast Asia
Contract: 1 year, renewable
Start Date: TBD
Compensation: Competitive with benefits
Fortify Rights works to ensure human rights for all. We support human rights defenders, investigate human rights violations, and engage people with power. We believe in the influence of evidence-based research, the power of strategic truth telling, and the importance of working in close collaboration with individuals, communities, and movements pushing for change. Fortify Rights is an independent, nonprofit organization based in Southeast Asia and registered in the United States and Switzerland.
The Impact Monitoring and Learning Associate supports the executive team in understanding the effectiveness of Fortify Rights’ strategies with a view towards maximizing human rights impacts. In coordination with the executive team and the Grants Associate, the Impact Monitoring and Learning Associate supports the development and management of systems, tools, and studies to properly evaluate and assess the effectiveness of Fortify Rights’ activities. The Impact Monitoring and Learning Associate works with the Human Rights Specialists and other relevant team members to monitor, track, and report on the outcomes and impacts of Fortify Rights’ activities and outputs. The Impact Monitoring and Learning Associate also works closely with the Grants Associate and Fundraising Associate to support the production of quality, comprehensive, and accurate material for donors and prospective donors. The Impact Monitoring and Learning Associate is an integral member of Fortify Rights’ young and growing team with technical expertise to maximize and scale the organization’s impact.
- Provide overall management to Fortify Rights’ impact monitoring and learning activities.
- With support from the executive team and relevant team members, lead the process of developing of systems and tools to evaluate and assess the effectiveness of Fortify Rights’ activities. Manage and maintain these systems and tools.
- Identify and maintain accurate, complete, and up-to-date information on Fortify Rights’ strategic activities, outputs, outcomes, and impacts. Support Human Rights Specialists and other relevant team members in reporting relevant information.
- Support the development and management of Fortify Rights’ media library to ensure impact-related media is properly archived and tagged for easy retrieval.
- Input relevant qualitative and quantitative data into internal systems.
- Coordinate and support in-house and independent evaluations of Fortify Rights’ programs and operations.
- Work with the Grants Associate and Fundraising Associate to support the production of quality, comprehensive, and accurate material for donors and prospective donors. Provide necessary qualitative and quantitative data on Fortify Rights’ strategic activities, outputs, and impacts to support the development of grant proposals, grant renewals, fundraising materials, and other material. Identify appropriate impact-related media to support the production of donor-related materials.
- Develop a sound understanding of Fortify Rights’ work and projects to be able to professionally represent the organization.
- Work closely in collaboration with the Fortify Rights team to constructively build the organization, support its expansion, and ensure its sustainability.
- Perform other tasks as requested.
- A degree in relevant fields and/or at least two years of monitoring and evaluation work experience.
- Experience working with nonprofit organizations in Southeast Asia.
- Familiarity with human rights issues, preferably within the context of Southeast Asia.
- Strong attention to details and problem-solving skills. Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Ability to self-manage and work efficiently in a fast-paced but flexible environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, cross-cultural communication, and experience in a multi-ethnic team.
- Sound judgment and ability to take initiative.
- Willingness to travel.
- Fluency in written and verbal English required. Additional language skills preferred.
- Applicants from Southeast Asia preferred.
- To be discussed with short-listed candidates.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Fortify Rights seeks exceptional applicants and offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
- Fortify Rights is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in its hiring practices and, in order to build the strongest possible team, actively seeks a diverse pool of applicants.
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluency in written and verbal English required. Additional language skills preferred.
Minimum Education Required