1616 Rhode Island Avenue Northwest
District of Columbia
The Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) is a non-profit, bipartisan public policy organization established in 1962 to provide strategic insights and practical policy solutions to decision makers concerned with global security and prosperity. Over the years, it has grown to be one of the largest organizations of its kind, with a staff of some 200 employees, including more than 120 analysts working to address the changing dynamics of international security across the globe.
The Media Relations Coordinator helps execute the Center’s traditional and social media outreach efforts as part of the Office of External Relations. This position will work closely with the Chief Communications Officer and other External Relations staff to provide administrative, outreach, and event management support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Field press calls and match experts with journalists to set up interviews (including via phone, in-person, on-site and off-site);
· Schedule/organize media hits in studio, coordinate visiting crews, and execute set-up in coordination with the audio/visual team;
· Oversee press/social media statistics compilation; track and log press hits on website; keep media lists up to date using Cision;
· Maintain and build press lists; format and send e-mail communications to press;
· Organize and manage logistics for press briefings;
· Develop content for media platforms (traditional, digital, and social media), including short videos;
· Write and produce a wide variety of communications content, including marketing and promotion materials;
· Draft, format, and distribute ER mailings, including The Evening CSIS;
· Assist in planning and executing ER events and provide support for other high-level events as needed;
· Assist with special initiatives, including events, research, writing, and multi-media production, as needed on a program-wide basis;
· Other duties and projects as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION, AND EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelors’ degree in a relevant field;
· Minimum one year of relevant professional experience
· Exceptional attention to detail and the ability to prioritize, track, and accomplish multiple tasks simultaneously in a dynamic and fast-paced environment;
· Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently and in a team with a range of individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures;
· Strong communication and writing skills, including the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from a wider variety of partners and constituents;
· Strong professional judgement, maturity, and discretion.
HOW TO APPLY:
If this sounds like you, submit a cover letter and resumé to the CSIS website at https://csiscareers.silkroad.com. Finalists will be asked for writing samples and references.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK CONDITIONS:
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee working in an office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minimum Education Required