Position Overview: MIS/IT Support Technician will report to the MIS/IT Director whilst assisting in maintaining the technological infrastructure of Association to Benefit Children (“ABC”); a mid-sized not-for-profit organization serving children and families in East Harlem and the Bronx. Duties include, but are not limited to, providing user-level technology support, troubleshooting various software systems and hardware problems, maintaining ABC’s computer network, inventory tracking, assisting with maintenance and updates of data and communications systems, setting up new hardware as needed, and ensuring data security and management capacity. Hours typically are 10am-6pm but may vary by need/project. Candidate must possess customer service-driven practices and willingness to travel between sites to support end users. EOE employer.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Assist in administering, configuring, and maintaining Windows servers
- Update, maintain and troubleshoot various software applications
- Provide help-desk support for users
- Diagnosing and repairing hardware problems
- Setting up new computer-related hardware equipment
- Create and maintain all system accounts in Active Directory
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge, skills and abilities on new and emerging technologies that improve efficiency and effectiveness included but not limited to new operating systems, methods, systems, hardware and software
- Experience building and configuring Windows 2008 Server, and above.
- Knowledge of server technologies (RAID, virtualization and backup/disaster recovery) • Proficient with command-line use and scripting
- Experience deploying and troubleshooting Windows 7/10
- Strong understanding of networks
- Must exhibit a strong capacity for problem solving, command of verbal and written communication, be well organized, reliable, responsible, and have the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks successfully.
- Valid Driver's License to travel in between sites.
- Individual certifications (Cisco, Microsoft, A+, Network+)
- Familiarity with PBX & VoIP (Avaya Partner ACS, NEC, Nortel and Avaya IP Office)
- Experience with MS Windows Server, DHCP, DNS, DFS, Active Directory and Group Policies
- Familiarity or experience with MPLS, IP Sec BOVPN, MPLS, Cisco routers, Watchguard Firewalls, Avaya IP Office 500, switches and WiFi access points
- Familiarity with Ricoh Multifunction Devices (Print, Scan to Email/SMB, Fax, Document Server)
- Experience managing network printers
- Familiarity or experience with database applications (SQL Server, BASC, Accumedic, Connections, Webstar, PROMIS, Alchemy, iCaseManage and other web/Windows applications)
- Familiarity with Keyscan Door Access Control Units, HVAC, DVR surveillance system and Smartboards