10-1/2 Beacon Street
The Boston Athenæum seeks a highly motivated individual with professional fundraising experience and a strong interest in being part of a growing development operation. The Development Coordinator will be an integral part of the Development team, assisting with a variety of needs to broaden the scope and effectiveness of the fundraising program. The ideal candidate is resourceful, a good multi-tasker, and is highly organized with demonstrated project management and communications skills. The Development Coordinator reports directly to the Chief Development Officer and works collaboratively with all members of the Development team.
- Works together with members of the Development team to meet or exceed annual revenue targets. Participates in the creation, planning, and implementation of new and existing strategies.
- Supports the Chief Development Officer in managing fundraising plans for the organization’s top prospects, including mailing lists, acknowledgment letters, expense reports and coordinating meeting preparation and follow-up.
- Assists in expanding donor relations outreach efforts including new stewardship initiatives, donor travel program, and acknowledgment communications.
- Project manages donor-centric events and oversees the mailings, registration, logistics, volunteer management, tracking attendees and reporting as it relates to fundraising objectives.
- Project manages the meetings of the Board of Trustees and associated committees.
- Creates and implements a process for engaging new and existing Proprietors of the Boston Athenaeum that requires close coordination with Membership and Executive offices.
- Develops a strong proficiency in our donor database, Raiser’s Edge, to become a primary resource for any database questions or requests, including improving coding and procedures for donor strategy needs.
- Stays up-to-date on current best practices for recording and maintaining donor information in Raiser’s Edge. Updates and maintains donor contact information, actions, attributes, legacy intentions, and proposals in Raiser’s Edge.
- Conducts other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Submit to and pass a background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment verifications and Registry of Motor Vehicles (if applicable).
- Strong project management skills and the ability to create and implement processes.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Three years experience in development.
- Proficiency in Raiser's Edge fundraising and reporting software.
- Ability to exercise good judgment, confidentiality, and discretion.
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently inside an organization and with external constituencies.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven attention to detail and conscientiousness.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines and to work well under pressure.
- Commitment to fostering a workplace culture of teamwork, diversity, and inclusion.
The Boston Athenæum is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage individuals of diverse backgrounds to apply and are committed to hiring individuals who value a diverse and inclusive work environment. Retirees welcome.
The Boston Athenaeum offers an excellent benefits package including:
- Medical/Dental: The Boston Athenaeum pays 75% of medical premiums and 100% dental premiums. Coverage begins as of your start date.
- Retirement: After one year of employment, you can receive up to 3% in a company match and an additional 5% of your quarterly earnings.
- Time Off: 3 weeks paid vacation, 10 paid holidays, 1 week of paid floating holidays, and 10 paid sick days.
- Employee Assistant Program
- Basic Life/AD&D Insurance: Company-paid and up to two times your annual salary.
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance: Company-paid and offered a tax choice.
- Complimentary Boston Athenaeum Membership
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume, including current availability, to firstname.lastname@example.org.