Atlas Corps is a 15-year-old international leadership development nonprofit. While the pandemic has created some uncertainty, we expect to maintain an operating budget between $3 and $4m, 40% of which is earned revenue, 40% from government grants and the remaining 20% from a combination of individual donors and corporate and foundation grants.
Please send expressions of interest with “Finance Consultant [Your Name]” in the subject line. Be sure to include your resume and hourly rate.
Detailed Job Description:
- Prepare federal grant reports and drawdowns, and other financial reports for partner organizations as needed.
- Support the CEO and Chief Development and Engagement Officer to prepare grant budgets primarily for USG, but occasionally other funders.
- Responsible for creating invoices for government grants, host organizations and Fellows, and updating financial systems with supporting documents.
- Review incoming contracts to prepare for a receivable schedule.
- Track receivables, including outstanding invoices and any required collection actions
- 1099 preparations and collecting W-9s.
- Prepare schedules and implement close procedures in the financial system to ensure timely and accurate financial reports for internal and external constituencies
- Assist in the annual audit process with primary responsibility for coordinating the compilation of the PBC items for fieldwork related to areas of responsibility and leadership on 990 Shared Responsibilities
- Prepare financial reports and materials for the organization’s Board and Committees related to other areas of responsibility and attend meetings at the request of the CEO.
- Work with the Chief Operating Officer and Controller to provide oversight of all finance functions, including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, compliance, chart of account maintenance, in accordance with best practices, US GAAP requirements, and/or Uniform Guidance/ OMB Circular A-123 audits.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
- Pay: $50.00 - $60.00 per hour
- Hours per week: 15 ( must be available during business hours )
- Monday to Friday
- government grants/federal awards: 5 years (Required)
- non-profit accounting: 2 years (Preferred)
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative