Details: Commensurate with experience
21 Maryland Avenue
This serves as the manager for adult education data collection and reporting for the ESOL classroom program, tutoring program and all other programs offered by the Literacy Council. The Data Analyst is responsible for all data collection and analysis for program improvement, and serves as a resource for all LCMC staff.
As a key member of the LCMC Operations team, responsibilities include ensuring accurate data collection and entry; generating reports; assisting with the development and implementation of the Data Quality plan; running point on Learner Management System implementation; and recommending improvements based on learner data. Other information technology needs of the organization also fall within the purview of this position.
- Develop new reports based on business and team project requirements.
- Interpret data from primary and secondary sources using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports.
- Develop and initiate more efficient data collection procedures.
- Extract compiled and tracked data, and analyzed data to generate reports.
- Manage LMS.
- Works with other team members to complete special projects and achieve project deadlines.
- Assist with the development and execution of the program’s Data Quality Plan.
- Promote/outline clear procedures for collecting, documenting and reporting data.
- Develop graphic reports for data analysis.
- Assist in identifying program’s professional development needs for all database management.
- Attend State meetings and communicate/implement pertinent information to appropriate local program staff as it pertains to adult education state database and the impact on programs.
- Responsible for data entry for all students and reportable information of classroom programs (over 700 students)
- Performing other duties as assigned based upon the program demographics, enrollment trends and the needs of target populations.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong data entry and data management skills
- Driven, motivated, self starter with ambition
- Skilled with Google-based apps and the management and manipulation of those apps used at LCMC
- Independent learning skills
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Organized, detail-oriented individual with 3+ years of SQL experience and excellent analytical and communication skills.
- Ability to create, implement, and deliver reports for Program, Development and Administration staff.
- Experience working with LMSs.
- 2+ years managing various databases.
- Ability to train staff and provide database updates as needed.
- Experience with Tableau (or other data visualization software)
- Mastery of MS-Office applications (MS- Excel, MS Word, MS-PowerPoint, MS- Access)
- Attention to detail required
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills preferred
- Data Modeling, Data Mining/Data Warehouse preferred
- Bachelors degree or higher or equivalent professional experience
The following physical activities are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations:
- The person in this position needs to regularly move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office equipment, etc.
- Will be required to occasionally lift and transport boxes and other materials (not more than 25lbs).
- Must be able to operate a computer and other office productivity machinery (e.g., copier, fax machine).
- Must have vision correctable to a level where an individual can operate a computer; visualize text on a computer monitor.
- Competitive salary with merit based increases possible on an annual basis.
- Generous employer contribution to employee’s health and dental insurance premium.
- Opportunity to work with a highly-motivated, professional staff; a vibrant organization; and support adult literacy in the highly-diverse Montgomery County community.
- 160 hours of paid time off awarded annually for full time exempt employees. Accrued biweekly from the start of employment.
- Professional development opportunities available annually for employees to grow knowledge, skills, and abilities that directly impact the LCMC’s pursuit of our mission.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email a cover letter and resume with salary requirements to email@example.com.
NO PHONE CALLS OR WALK-INS PLEASE. They will not be received.