Details: Commensurate with experience
1964 Westwood Boulevard
Position: Program Manager, Cold Chain
Company: Nexleaf Analytics (nexleaf.org)
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Position Type: Full-Time
FOR IMMEDIATE HIRE
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Nexleaf Analytics is a nonprofit technology company with a unique bottom-up approach for bringing data-driven impact to public health and climate change interventions in low- and middle-income countries. Our diverse team of computer scientists, software engineers, mechanical engineers, data scientists, public health experts, environmental advocates, and field managers design and deploy technology to ensure sustainable impact. We work directly with end users and iterate on our technology in the field to ensure that our sensors are customized to meet the specific needs in each country.
Partnering with leading institutions such as Gavi, Google.org, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, and Qualcomm Wireless Reach, Nexleaf helps deliver safe vaccines to over 12.5 million babies annually and connect 900 rural homes with mobile money payments for reducing carbon emissions through cleaner cooking. We work in a diverse set of countries, including India, Mozambique, Nigeria, and Kenya.
The Program Manager, Cold Chain will be responsible for managing public health projects using Nexleaf’s ColdTrace remote temperature monitoring (RTM) and data analytics platform for safer immunization and other applications. Duties include project management, implementation, coordination of staff and resources, project budgeting, and project evaluation. The position includes annual travel to field sites in Asia and Africa.
Reports to: Program Director, Vaccines
Essential functions include:
1. Program Management
- Manage cold chain projects, including all deployment and pilot projects in India, Mozambique, Kenya, Senegal, Nigeria, and other countries.
- Recruit, train, and supervise staff and independent contractors located globally to fulfill program objectives and ensure capacity building within the team in LA and abroad.
- Develop all program materials including training guides and standard operating procedures (SOPs) based on program learnings and data analysis.
- Provide support to the Program Director and the Technical team to pilot new technologies and analytics platforms in the field.
2. Program Evaluation & Assessment
- Work with Program Director to design and implement program evaluation and assessment tools including key performance indicators (KPIs) and impact metrics.
3. Data Advocacy & Sector-Wide Engagement
- Maintain partnerships with funders, implementation partners, national Ministries of Health, and other partnering institutions and individuals.
- Generate program related communications, including data-driven reports and white papers.
- Represent Nexleaf at key conferences/events.
4. Budget & Reporting
- Manage project level budgets, expenditure tracking, and allocations to monitor grant spending with support from finance team and Program Director.
- Work with Program Director to report progress to funders, generating report materials with support from communications team.
- Work with communications and fundraising teams to craft grant proposals and supporting material.
- College degree required; Masters degree in related field preferred
- Minimum 2-3 years of project management experience, including project development, budgeting, implementation, evaluation, and reporting
- Fluency in French (written & spoken) preferred
- Excellent communication, public speaking, organizational, and relationship building skills with an ability to collaborate with diverse internal & external stakeholders
- Strong writing skills required; previous grant or report writing experience preferred
- Must travel to field sites in Asia and Africa; previous direct field management experience in low- and middle-income countries (LMICs) is preferred
- Must be able to work occasional evening and weekend hours to communicate with team members and stakeholders in global time zones
At Nexleaf, you will:
- Be a Maker
- You're willing to take risks, roll up your sleeves, and iterate on solutions to see your ideas come to life.
- You’ll work directly with founders to design and execute new ideas.
- You take initiative, and can work collaboratively and respectfully with internal and external partners to move mountains.
- Innovate for Impact
- You are motivated by social impact and making a difference the world.
- You’ll be on the cutting edge of technology for development, revolutionizing sectors to help some of the poorest people in the world.
- You can come up with creative new solutions to old problems.
- Build Capacity
- You are always striving to build your own, your team's, and your client's capacity through learning and teaching.
- You're not afraid to ask questions, and you're never too busy to answer someone else's.
- You seek a diverse work environment where you are treated with respect and challenged to grow both professionally and as a person.
- Do More with Data
- You believe in the power of data and want to empower others to make better decisions with their data.
- You operate with integrity and base your arguments in facts and figures.
- You can solve problems from the bottom-up just as well as from the top-down.
Nexleaf Analytics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state or local law.
Generous vacation/sick time, medical, dental, vision, 401k, and more
Level of Language Proficiency
English (written & spoken) required
Additional fluency in French (written & spoken) preferred
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
E-mail email@example.com with the subject line “Program Manager, Cold Chain – Los Angeles, CA – [Your first and last name]” to apply. Please include in Microsoft Word or PDF format:
- Brief statement about what makes you a strong candidate
- Writing sample
- Salary requirement